Skip to content

Buggy "Favorite Weapon"

HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
edited November 2012 in Original BG1 Bugs
I apologize if this is already fixed by either using the BG2 engine, or is listed in the fix list (tho I didn't see it).

I've noticed in BG 1 that "Favorite Weapon" of a character will sometimes bug and even though I've killed maybe 500 things with a bow, if I use my long sword for 3 combats its my new favorite weapon. I *assume* that this is based off how many things you kill with a weapon, but maybe its using a different metric that I haven't considered. At any rate, I didn't know if anyone else had seen this.
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I've never noticed that. My question though - did you do more damage or get more XP with the newer weapon?
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644

I've never noticed that. My question though - did you do more damage or get more XP with the newer weapon?

Nah I don't think so. It was just how it appeared in your Character Info screen.
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    Yes, I experienced this too but in BG2. I remember thinking about why it would happen. My theory on this is that the game will select whatever killed the most powerful foe. Does that make sense to you?
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    @Abel - Nah, I don't think that's the case... I've experienced it killing weak things too
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    Yeah, well I don't really know then... Maybe the game just check at certain times or number of uses? I must admit I'd like this puzzle to be solved. Always bugged me.
  • lebrumlebrum Member Posts: 7
    Ya just happened to me with my assassin. Never used a bow lol. Was curious after a lucky crit backstab on the demon knight. Low and behold my favorite weapon according to BG is Bow and Arrow? Kinda weird since I use darts and longswords.