Skip to content

More graphic options

Hor89Hor89 Member Posts: 118
edited November 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
I think BG:EE need more graphic options (without baldur.ini) like change resolution, font size, frame rate, more options for GUI (more backgrounds, hide help button).....
Arsene_LupinSpaceInvaderenoch0oBlakes7geminibruniShae_DoDarKirkorSuiboonMorak

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Changing the resolution shouldn't be necessary since the game is set to scale automatically (the solution to the blurry GUI elements is to make those elements natively higher-res so they scale better, which is something I can totally get behind).

I'd prefer frame rate to remain in baldur.ini, if only because I feel cooler breaking into it. ;)

Everything else in your list I'm a fan of. Re: different skins...

What I'd like is a "skin manager", which would allow you to select from a list of GUI skins. It should use a "Skins" folder in the install directory, grouped into different folders to allow modders to create new skins and to allow players to change them at will (leave the default skin hidden so that it can't be accidentally deleted). Then show the available skins (named after their folders within the Skins directory) in a list on the Graphics options screen under a button called "Change Skin" or something.

Skins are big. There's something like a billion GUI elements. I'd lose track of them pretty quickly; being able to keep them separated into folders would be a great tool.
    Arsene_LupinIkonNavros
  • Arsene_LupinArsene_Lupin Member Posts: 181
    One of the reasons to change the resolution is that while the GAME does scale to up or down according to the default resolution, the FONT does not. So a high resolution display on a smaller screen results in smaller, harder-to-read font.

This is an issue with most every PC games these days, and one of the reasons I now have a GIANT monitor.
    NecdilzorIkonNavrosSpaceInvader
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Ah, that's an excellent point. A font size adjustment bar would be useful, then.
    IkonNavros
  • AlequeAleque Member Posts: 149
    Yes! I agree in the FONT size option too. The text is too small atm.
    IkonNavros
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 278
    How about remaking the spell icons to make them more updated and cool and sexy? Obviously a secondary "issue". ;)
  • RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    The point is, pcs are not all the same like tablets. And those options allow each user to see what works better for his/her machine. I agree the more graph option the merrier. The new "hardware mouse" option its already being useful!
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    Totally agree!
    Randall
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    I'm gonna guess an uber-cool-option menu is about the last thing on the list at the moment. One can hope though. ;)
  • PerusoePerusoe Member Posts: 46
    I agree that there needs to be more "Graphics" Options. Currently, there are only two. "Full Screen" and "Hardware Mouse Cursor".

Full Screen
    I'm an avid game-play video uploader. I capture videos at no greater than 1280 x 720 resolution, due to my 16:9 aspect ratio monitor. My video editor doesn't perform well with resolutions higher than this, even though I can produce the videos at 1920 x 1080 for 1080p HD upload. By selecting "Full Screen", BGEE uses my desktop resolution of 1920 x 1080. As a workaround, I change my desktop resolution to 1280 x 720 before running the game. I would prefer it if I could select the resolution, in-game, through the Graphics Option and have the game return to my desktop resolution of 1920 x 1080 when I quit. (I do not like to run games in Windowed mode).

I'm sure other players would appreciate the ability to select resolutions that would be applicable to their needs. ;-)

Hardware Mouse Cursor
    The following is FYI only.

I purchased BGEE yesterday. In the Graphics Options, the Hardware Mouse Cursor option was selected by default. I left it alone. During game-play, I purchased some items from Winthrop in the Candlekeep Inn. I equipped weapons and ammunition first. Then, I clicked on the Studded Leather Armor to equip it. My cursor disappeared as soon as I picked it up. I was video recording at the time, as a test (adjusting audio mainly). I managed to put the Armor back in my Inventory, but the cursor would not reappear. It was a pain trying to navigate to the correct buttons to save and exit the game. When I reviewed the video capture, the cursor was visible. I finally figured out, after a couple of tries, that deselecting the Hardware Mouse Cursor option corrected the problem.
  • TheLegendTheLegend Member Posts: 3
    how about the old shortcut for the full screen-window mode back alt+enter.