Skip to content

refund would be nice

can't play multiplayer without hamachi. Can't load games in multiplayer. Game crashes in multiplayer. I bought the game to play multiplayer with my friends. I didn't pay to sit around for hours searching and making fixes so the game will possibly run.
I'm sure you will eventually fix all this, but I don't feel like waiting any more.. If I get a refund I might buy it again later but right now I'm just fed up. Hope you have the decency to refund the players who are not ok with paying full money for a broken beta version in disguise as a complete enhanced edition. I wouldn't bet on it but worth a try.

Next time please don't release the game until it's more or less complete (some bugs are ok, even expected, but this is too much).

Comments

• GodKaiserHellGodKaiserHell Member Posts: 398
    edited July 2016

Post edited by GodKaiserHell on
  • Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    edited December 2012
    Yes, and read the first post of this: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/10108/baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition-status-update-december-3rd-2012/p1

They will give you a re-fund if thats what you want :)

EDIT: Though maybe Phils post will make you re-consider.. Unlikely, though perhaps.. Your choice at the end of the day
  • dot113dot113 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks.
    While I do feel sorry for Phil a bit, it must really suck being in his shoes at the moment. I'm just so fed up with having to make changes here, search forums there, to find several solutions to things that will still most likely not work/just improve a few things. I was really looking forward to this new enhanced edition where I figured I'd not have to change things on my own and spend hours on the forums to fix things, but sadly that wasn't the case. Right now I don't even feel like playing the game anymore, so while I do feel for Phil, I'm afraid I still want a refund.

But, having said that, if I get refunded without any problems and they do fix these things, I might later buy it again. If only to support a company that admits it's mistakes and do its best to fix it.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I do think things will get markedly better in the next couple of weeks. Check back on the forums in January and see how things look.
    Maybe so. Found one solution to our missing save files problem, so tried to play but ended up with the crash for trying to play 3 people instead.. So I'm out for now, after reporting the bug. See you later perhaps.
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    Also, it has been stated that multiplayer on release will be in beta.
  • ST4TICStrikerST4TICStriker Member Posts: 162
    IchigoRXC said:

Also, it has been stated that multiplayer on release will be in beta.

That's true.

My friends and I are waiting until the match-making patch before starting our campaign.
    We've been waiting for ages, but it's not too bad. (Our DM just got WRFP 1st ed books last week)

I think the games multiplayer will improve drastically when the MP patch is released.
    So yeah, you might want to hold on to the game till then.....or not. Up to yourself really.