Skip to content

Why BGEE will fail

The number one reason why this version of the game will fail is that it really adds very little to the main campain. A extra 3 to 5 hours of play time simply does not cut it. Most of the enhancments were already available with community patches to the normal game. There is very little new content and the fact that you where not able to add the arena to the main campain or even raise the level cap a little really makes this game not worth 20.00 to those who have played it in the past. Add to this the new bugs that are in it and you got a recipe for disaster.

There is community user made content that is equal to or better than this - for the normal edition at a much cheaper price.

You DEVs really had a chance to do something with this and failed.

Only thing I can think of is that you simply did not have the talent and/or over reached on your time constaints.

I dought you will be able to push a BG2 or even entertain the idea of BG3 after this.

Comments

• marfigmarfig Member Posts: 208
    edited December 2012
    Seems to me your post is more wishful thinking than a real criticism at the game. You just want it to fail. as opposed to let the game run its course and see what new content comes out of it. Content, I must remind you as been promised as DLC, most free DLCs.

Could also mention the fact you put very little trust in the modding community (that you seem to respect) and what it could do with this modern rendition of Baldur's Gate. A modding community that collaborated heavily on this project (and without whom BGEE would have not been possible) and is most likely to introduce their own content in due time.
    mch202
  • fpc1fpc1 Member Posts: 21
    DanDFan said:

You DEVs really had a chance to do something with this and failed.

What would you have done to make the game better?
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    I think your post failed. The promises that were made for new content (3 companions and The Black Pits) have all been fulfilled and if you expected anything beyond that, which -wasn't- promised, then you only have yourself to blame.

Community patches? Having to read for hours and manually paste and install components that does not always play nice with each other is not preferable to a single install for a great many people. Goodie for you if that's your thing though I guess.

Adding "the arena" to the main campaign? It wouldn't make any sense to do so lorewise. This isn't a new spin on an old game where they could and should mess with the story as they like, this is an old game updated with the engine of another old game and given polish. And seeing as the campaign isn't extended by any great degree (which they never did claim it would be either) just mindlessly raising the level cap wouldn't have much point either.
    BelgarathMTHRuckus3Oxford_Guy
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    What is the point of posting stuff like this? Do you just enjoy spoiling other people's fun, raining on parades, popping children's balloons, and taking candy from children?

Honestly, I just don't get some people.
    mch202Oxford_GuyMedullaOblongataKreatur3
  • SketchySketchy Member Posts: 12
    oh for the love of..... be quiet. If you don't like something, don't buy it! It's as simple as that and remember you are always very welcome to go away and die in a hole somewhere :-)
  • davidj8580davidj8580 Member Posts: 20
    Is there a time frame for this DLC? I'd honest rather hold off playing the EE until it is released, being that my free time is already in short supply and this game takes quite a bit of time to play (for a completionist like me).
  • RythgarRythgar Member Posts: 101
    DNFTT.
    TJ_HookerKreatur3
  • Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    You also fail to realise alot of the modders for BG1 have been Beta testers for this project, and welcomed it with open arms...

Please dont make absolutes based on your own assumptions either. Neither of us know whether it will "fail" or not at this stage..
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    I think we're all better off just ignoring this thread and letting it die off, rather than trying to argue with the OP.
    BelgarathMTHCuvmch202
  • HertzHertz Member Posts: 109
    Logic fail.

Award-winning successful game, with nothing added, does not have enough to be an award-winning successful game.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @TJ_Hooker, do you think maybe this was a classic troll post, and we just took the bait? I think you may be right.
    TJ_Hooker
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    I think enough people have spoken their minds about this thread. Closing... but wont delete it as some of you got likes, agrees and insightfuls from your posts:)
    mch202Kreatur3
This discussion has been closed.