Skip to content

Savegame or Character Editor Compatibility (ShadowKeeper instructions in 3rd post) (further updates)

2»

Comments

• matutomatuto Member Posts: 2
    Hy Mordeen and everybody,
    I followed the instructions and Shadowkeeper informs that "was unable to read the text resources". The .ini file has been duly pasted into the 00766 folder. Any suggestion ? Thanks in advance.
  • MordeenMordeen Member Posts: 9
    Repeating a portion from one of my earlier posts, Shadowkeeper just needs the dialog.tlk & baldur.ini files along with the "characters" and "save" folders all located in the same folder as Baldur.exe in order for all of its features to work.

Some people are reporting a different installation directory for BG:EE other than the 00766 folder most of us have, so as long as you're copying the correct files and folders into whatever folder contains Baldur.exe on your installation, and point SK there, you should be golden. It might also help to run SK as an administrator if you're using a newer OS than XP, since the Program Files folders are now protected and require administrator access in order to change files located there.

I think I'll update the how-to to reflect that. . .

-Mordeen
  • CorthalaFamilyCorthalaFamily Member Posts: 22
    Mordeen, you fed the first page very well and I'm sure this thread will be useful for many players in the future.
    PinkRose said:

Quick Questions.
    Never used SK before.
    Changed my character from a Swashbuckler to a Cleric of Lathander.
    1. Will changing all the numbers (I created a level 1 cleric and copy/pasted all the info on top of my swashbuckler, leaving World triggers and such) work? Is there a better way to import a different main character into an ongoing story?
    2. When I changed the strength from 7 to 11, it shows as 11 on the character sheet, but it still shows 70 as the carrying capacity. Where do you change the carrying capacity, or can you?
    Thanks for the help and the clear directions so far.

1/ Chge numbers, it should work well and it's fast to do. The import way is probably the same way of importing from BG2 to BG2 (for example your kensai/mage to replace your kensai/thief)... we have to seek.
    2/ I've just tested and I have not this weird bug. 20 Str -> 600 ; i can carry ankhegs' remains np. I can't find a way to change the carrying potential. Try to modulate from 18/x str to 18/y str, try 20 str, etc.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    You can't change the carry weight. The only way you can change the carry weight of your character is through the Strength with 25 being the highest it will go according to AD&D rules.
  • PinkRosePinkRose Member Posts: 102
    Thanks for the answers.
    CoM, I don't think I explained it well.
    The carry capacity is stuck at the old number of 70 when I had a STR of 7. Now that it is 11, it should be 110. But it's not.
    I'll try 18/y tonight when I get home and see if it changes anything.
  • PinkRosePinkRose Member Posts: 102
    Changed to 22 STR, and I was able to carry 800 or something similar.
    Then changed it to 17 STR and was able to get 170.
    Then 11 STR and can carry 110 as I should.
    So it appears that if anyone else gets the bug, change to 22, save, then change back down to the number you are looking for.
    Tada.
  • MordeenMordeen Member Posts: 9

Mordeen, you fed the first page very well and I'm sure this thread will be useful for many players in the future.

The funny thing is that I'm far from an expert on ShadowKeeper, and initially was only reposting instructions from another thread.

However, now that the thread has evolved and become a point of reference for many players, I'll keep updating the instructions whenever new information comes to my attention.

-Mordeen
    Since you are tinkering with Shadowkeeper you can always give yourself one of the giant belts of strength. I don't know if they are actually in the game world but they are listed in the game item files.
  • matutomatuto Member Posts: 2
    Hi Mordeen,
    Thank you. Perhaps my .ini file was messed up due to some attempts to make the CluaConsole work. I replaced the messed .ini file using a brand new one. Folder 00766 now contains the characters and savegames folders, the dialog.tlk, the original .ini and the .exe. But now Shadow Keeper displays a different message: "... unable to read the Shadows of Amn resources" instead of "... unable to read the text resources". And the functions "open saved game" and "open character file" are not available but only "open CRE file". Any suggestion ? By the way I managed to open the console by adding Debug Mode, 1, to the 'Game Options" in the .ini. However none of the cheat codes seems to work. E.g. typed CLUAConsole:EnableCheatKeys() and after CLUAConsole:AddGold("[10000]"), pressed the return key, the console closed and nothing happened. Any comment or advice ? Thanks in advance.
  • TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618
    edited December 2012
    Has anyone gotten 18/00 to save correctly as the 00 % ?
    Every time I try, it reverts to 0, which gives me a basic 18 stat.

The highest you can go with with 18 is 18/99. 18/00 is 18 as you found out.
  • EsviEsvi Member Posts: 26
    edited December 2012
    If you want 18/00 then just put in 18 in STR box and 100 in the box below that.

I wonder if shadowkeeper automatically changes things when you change an ability score. Can anybody confirm or something?
    TheCoffeeGod
  • TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618
    Esvi said:

If you want 18/00 then just put in 18 in STR box and 100 in the box below that.

I wonder if shadowkeeper automatically changes things when you change an ability score. Can anybody confirm or something?

Thanks!
    That worked!
    It's been forever since I've used SK, so I completely forgot about having to make it 100 instead of 00.

As for the question, not sure exactly what you mean by that.
    However, if you change stats with SK, it changes your character numbers retro actively.
    For example, let's say you have a fighter with a 17 CON, using SK to to raise it to an 18 CON, you'll have gained 1 more HP per level when you start up that save in the game.
  • AdronsonAdronson Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    Can anyone point me toward the latest version of Shadowkeeper?
    Post edited by Adronson on
  • 645Mrjenks645Mrjenks Member Posts: 2
    i don't have data 00766 and have tryed all the above advice and still will not work.
    where ever i place files SK tells me it is unable to read text resoures
    can any one help
  • BoradordinBoradordin Member Posts: 38
    edited June 2013
    Okay, so I followed Mordeen's directions. And thank you for them. I saved my character's file into the /00766/characters folder. I then copied the file to /Documents/BG.../characters folder. Yet, when I open BG1:EE to play I'm still using the old character. The only thing I changed was to increase the character's charisma by one.

Any thoughts?

'Ol Bearded Menace

P.S. From within ShadowKeeper I tried saving it directly to the /documents/BG.../characters also. No change. I'm logged into my Win 7 64 as administrator.