Skip to content

Goodbye Imoen

Just told Imoen to do one. Can I get her back easily at a later date? I'm not a newbie, just can't remember how it went 10 years ago :)

Comments

• DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    She should stay wherever you left her.
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    But she will cry :(
  • QuineloeQuineloe Member Posts: 55
    What if you dropped her for Dorn?
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Imoen: But we've been friends forever! How can you do this to me Ch3W? T_T
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    I hardly ever pick up characters again if I dump them. They'll have been left behind experience-wise and everything by that point, so there's not much reason to do so.

I just murder them horribly before letting them go so that I can pass on the tearful goodbyes. Or use them as meatshields. When I prepared to pick up Shar-Teel I had Minsc and Dynaheir draw the attention of some basilisks while the rest of the party killed the scaly bastards. We shall never forget what they sacrificed so that we could kill a few wilderness creatures that never bothered us...

...Who was that Minsc guy again?
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    It's ok, She's not real.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    ajwz said:

It's ok, She's not real.

Where's that old Disagree button when you need it...
  • GloktaGlokta Member Posts: 97
    I left Imoen's cropse for the wolfs, she shouldnt have followed me out of Candlekeep... >:)
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    @Chow and @Glokta: You two are such big meanies. ;_;
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    That's something I really wish they'd implemented in the EE: apparently Dorn, Neera and Rasaad will go to the Friendly Arm Inn if they're dismissed from your party, but everyone else just stays where they are, which means you'd better remember where you left them if you ever want them back...
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Some of you are scared to let your imaginary friend go.
    Let me be your therapist.
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    ajwz said:

Some of you are scared to let your imaginary friend go.
    Let me be your therapist.

Stop it, or I will tell everything to Sarevok D:
  • Aasimar069Aasimar069 Member Posts: 803
    shawne said:

That's something I really wish they'd implemented in the EE: apparently Dorn, Neera and Rasaad will go to the Friendly Arm Inn if they're dismissed from your party, but everyone else just stays where they are, which means you'd better remember where you left them if you ever want them back...

Rasaad goes back to his starting point at Naskel when dismissed.

• LMTR14LMTR14 Member Posts: 165
    ajwz said:

It's ok, She's not real.

she is in my heart
  • CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493
    Aye I've been pretty torn about dumping her from my party myself. The Roleplayer in me would never leave his sister behind, the player in me is having a really hard time keeping space for her with the new NPCs available. And the Metagamer in me thinks I probably should just force my group into the configuration BG2 starts with.
    @CutlassJack: To be fair, the roleplayer in you doesn't know she's your sister at the time. Also, think of it as freeing her to have her own adventures, maybe assemble her own party, etc. :)

@shawne: Heh I didn't mean literal sister. I meant we grew up together and she left Candlekeep to look out for me. Plus I feel a little guilty leaving her with Xzar and Montaron at the Friendly Arms. That can't be a good plan.

My current thinking is to ditch her, Jaheria and Khalid after the Mines. That way she's still with a party people I trust (and are married) and would explain all three of them being together at the start of BG2. As an added bonus, I dont have to listen to Khalid anymore and I'll have room for Minsc. Win Win!
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    edited December 2012
    To stay on topic, I'll just echo what others said, Imoen stays where you left her :)

As an added bonus, I dont have to listen to Khalid anymore and I'll have room for Minsc.

I find Minsc's CONSTANT TALKING IN CAPS more annoying to listen to than Khalid's st-stu-s-stuttering, myself. Minsc is way more fun, I'll agree on that, but he's a real earsore after a while.
  • GwynnbleidGwynnbleid Member Posts: 17
    I have a problem with this , i always go to FAI to reform my party , i like to have my dismissed companions around a table ( Like they are talking ) or just chillin on the corner , i know .. Thats not normal ... But this game have these effects on people ...

I have a problem with this , i always go to FAI to reform my party , i like to have my dismissed companions around a table ( Like they are talking ) or just chillin on the corner , i know .. Thats not normal ... But this game have these effects on people ...

I do the same thing. At least with the companions I care about. I dont see it as a 'problem' at all, because it makes sense from both a roleplay and gaming perspective. It makes it much easier to know where you left someone. The inn also seems a sensible place to dump things you dont want to lug around.

• AlesthesAlesthes Member Posts: 46

@shawne: Heh I didn't mean literal sister. I meant we grew up together and she left Candlekeep to look out for me. Plus I feel a little guilty leaving her with Xzar and Montaron at the Friendly Arms. That can't be a good plan.

My current thinking is to ditch her, Jaheria and Khalid after the Mines. That way she's still with a party people I trust (and are married) and would explain all three of them being together at the start of BG2. As an added bonus, I dont have to listen to Khalid anymore and I'll have room for Minsc. Win Win!

That's so sweet of you... :/

Now, I would never leave behind Imoen and Jaheira, I just can't... They are like family.
    That Khalid guy, on the other hand... Sometimes I am afraid he could have an accident...
  • Ch3WCh3W Member Posts: 9
    LOL! Just came back to this thread after starting it and howled with laughter. Thanks for the replies all
  • drawnacroldrawnacrol Member Posts: 253
    edited December 2012
    ajwz said:

It's ok, She's not real.

You're not real>:(

:P

• MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    "Hey it's me Imoen!"
  • CooperCooper Member Posts: 18
    ajwz said:

It's ok, She's not real.

HEY! YOU!

YOU'RE NOT REAL!!
    I actually put both Imoen and Jaheira to good use with my original party - Jaheira was the muscle, and because I was using BGT Imoen stayed a thief/archer throughout (so she fit right back into the group after losing Yoshimo). I'm guessing the EE will default her to dual-classed mage, though, and there's just no room for a third mage in my group...
  • wissenschaftwissenschaft Member Posts: 229
    edited December 2012
    No room for a 3rd mage? You can never have too many mages. lol