"Yes, oh omnipresent authority figure?"

Comments

• AlesthesAlesthes Member Posts: 46
    I still love her.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I went ahead and cut that in half for you.

Yes, cut in half, and it's still a lot. ;)
  • KrOKrO Member Posts: 21
    Nature's servant awaits
  • BowieFunesBowieFunes Member Posts: 12
    One of the greatest characters of the saga. Khalid is so lucky.

Well, for now...
  • State_LemmingState_Lemming Member Posts: 375
    "Our quest is VAIN."
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    edited December 2012
    "Those the gods wish to destroy, they first make mad!"
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    I love Jaheira... or better, how well she splatters into 2000 pieces of meat as I backstab her :)
  • DeltaslayerDeltaslayer Member Posts: 49
    "As directed, for now."
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    If Jahiera didn't heal, she'd be chunked just like her husband...

She's the most annoying character in the series. I swap her with Aerie in BG2.
  • DinoDino Member Posts: 291
    edited December 2012
    Wiggles said:

If Jahiera didn't heal, she'd be chunked just like her husband...

She's the most annoying character in the series. I swap her with Aerie in BG2.

Aerie annoys me even more. Jaheira is a well fleshed out character with some intelligent lines and comments. Also, she is very resourceful.
  • RhymeRhyme Member Posts: 190
    It just doesn't make any sense for her character. None. I can't imagine what they were thinking when they wrote that line, and I can't fathom why they would make it the most common sound you hear when you select her.
  • DinoDino Member Posts: 291
    edited December 2012
    Rhyme said:

It just doesn't make any sense for her character. None. I can't imagine what they were thinking when they wrote that line, and I can't fathom why they would make it the most common sound you hear when you select her.

I think its an awesome line. She sees through my character and speaks to me, the player. Or Nature, take your pick :)

To be honest, I just ditched Minsc & Dynahier to hire back Khalid & Jaheira. I missed her character too much :)
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    I prefer the Monty and Xzar combo (and Viconia) :-)
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited December 2012
    tamalon said:

Respect MAH AUTHORITAH! D:

/target Jaheira

/kick, /punch, /slash, /WTF, /shoot, /chainslap etc

These are more or less my sentiments towards the, otherwise, lovable Druid balance wannabe preserver.

I guess i am a bad person.
    Post edited by Mornmagor on
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    "You must gather your party before venturing forth."
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    The line is sarcastic. Just like "By your command" in the Cylon tone. That's a Battlestar Galactica joke. Saying "This would make a good place for a henge" in every place, including outrageously bad places for a henge, is also a joke.

Jaheira is one of the funniest characters in the game, and I love her. I always take care of her. She's also a really good fighter, and a good caster.
  • SplodSplod Member Posts: 114
    Wiggles said:

Aerie annoys me even more. Jaheira is a well fleshed out character with some intelligent lines and comments. Also, she is very resourceful.

What? I love that character. Easily my favourite mage in BG2... Somehow she always ends up being the only romance I finish too. I get too annoyed with everyone else.
    I like Aerie mechanically, but she really is rather annoying. All that stuff about angst and misery just wears out on me rather quickly and I stop caring about any of it. Gets way better at ToB, though, when she grows some backbone.

And then she casts a bunch of cleric spells from a Spell Trigger or Chain Contingency, and all is forgiven.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    2 post on the entire forum and starting topic that is absolutely pointless. Have people lost abillitiy to spot a troll (or and idiot) on sight already?
  • MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    "An open wound in mother earth. I WOULD PLUG IT HAD I THE POWER!!!1"
  • "I'll do it, for a turnip!"
  • KietzelKietzel Member Posts: 40
    "I do not understand this 'mouse magic' that makes me do your bidding."
  • wissenschaftwissenschaft Member Posts: 229
    edited December 2012
    I'd take Aerie without a second though. Cleric/Mage is an amazing utility class. Holy Smite for good damage, all kinds of buffs, etc. She my magical toolkit. Jahiera makes a decent tank for a good party but theres better characters for that (such as Ajantis w/ Dex Gauntlets
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Aerie could easily have been the best character in the game if you could corrupt her into becoming evil.
    Sadly, the first provocation you toss at her, she'll just leave the party for good. At which point, I cast reload, invisibility, insane difficulty and backstab for 100+ damage :)
  • VelkirVelkir Member Posts: 70
    Photobucket

nuff said
  • Chow said:

I like Aerie mechanically, but she really is rather annoying. All that stuff about angst and misery just wears out on me rather quickly and I stop caring about any of it. Gets way better at ToB, though, when she grows some backbone.

And then she casts a bunch of cleric spells from a Spell Trigger or Chain Contingency, and all is forgiven.

I find Aerie much more tolerable outside of her lovetalks. When she's bantering with the other characters she's a shy but interesting character. When she's in a romance with Charname, she's a mewling mass of despair and angst. Whenever I have her in the party with a male Charname, I just shut down the romance immediately, or foist her off on Haer'Dalis (Watching her grow a backbone with him is pretty awesome).
    Admittedly, her calling Korgan out in ToB is one of the more awesome banters in the game.
  • Back on topic:

"You buncha chumps! What the hell was youse thinking!"
    "You goody goodies make me sick!"