Skip to content

Poor, poor Dorn

Don't reload for hp rolls, and now Dorn has 18 HP at level 4.
Maybe I should just give him a composite longbow and let dear Kagain do all the tanking like he's supposed to do, at least I won't have to get worried about poor Dorn getting one shotted. Even Edwin has more HP than him, yay.

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    It's his weakness I guess. They had to give him something after a strength of 19 and a +1 sword of awesome. Giving him the tome of bodily health might help though.
  • RedWizardRedWizard Member Posts: 242
    Honestly, I'd rather have him dump strength for 16 con, I mean Kagain usually does all the tanking as I send him ahead of the party, and Dorn's greatsword has nice range, but sometimes the enemy just goes after him. And then, we have a dead half orc. How am I supposed to carry my ankheg shells with my pack mule gone!?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LichiLichi Member Posts: 13
    My Dorn have 48 hp and he is level 5. ANd he have 54% exp value in party, and I have 6 man party. Dorn is even too powerfull. You just must realize, that he not tank, Kagain is.
  • RaklinRaklin Member Posts: 13
    My Dorn kept getting crap rolls for health too, I just had to baby sit him until I got him the con tome, which bumped him up like 10 points.
  • hzfhzf Member Posts: 70
    Yeah same here, Dorn has 7 more hp than Edwin, and 5 of those are because I gave Dorn the tome :)

I got some good rolls on Kagain though, so I am happy enough. Also, giving Kagain the con buckler means that he gets +6 per level without needing the tome.
  • orosiusorosius Member Posts: 45
    Npc party members get random stats?
  • RaklinRaklin Member Posts: 13
    Orosius, when characters level up, they roll to determine how much HP they gain. Fighters roll 1d10, barbs roll 1d12, mages roll 1d4, etc.

That would be one roll on a 10 sided die, for the fighter. Hope that helps.
  • orosiusorosius Member Posts: 45
    ah thanks for clarifying
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Kinda off topic, but all this talking about "my Dorn this" "my Dorn that" makes it sound like you were talking about a Tamagochi xD
  • hzfhzf Member Posts: 70
    orosius said:

Npc party members get random stats?

The game defaults to 'normal' difficulty, which is eaiser than the standard d&d rules. On this difficulty your characters always get maximum rolls on level up (only after they have joined your party though).

If you change the game to 'core' difficulty then they get random rolls on level up, as per d&d rules.
  • RedWizardRedWizard Member Posts: 242
    Lichi said:

My Dorn have 48 hp and he is level 5. ANd he have 54% exp value in party, and I have 6 man party. Dorn is even too powerfull. You just must realize, that he not tank, Kagain is.

Mine now has 20HP at level 5. Jubilation!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.