Skip to content

How we can play in multiplayer ?

LoboLobo Member Posts: 40
I don't understand how play multiplayer.

Comments

• ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Its mostly broken... only really works with 2 people.
  • LoboLobo Member Posts: 40
    how i can play with my friend
  • raelcariraelcari Member Posts: 133
    edited December 2012
    as long as u're only 2 ppl, it works fine.
    you need to DL a 3rd party program called Hamachi and set up a network with your PC and that of your friend. Hamachi is free and setting up the network is quick and easy. Now, when you're hosting a game, make sure your friend types in the IP adress that you have in the hamachi network, sort of a virtual IP i guess. Browse the threads in this multiplayer forums, there are some pretty good explanations on how to do this.

edit: also, you need to create 2 extra files in your /movies folder, also explained thoroughly on this forum. too lazy to get the link tho...
  • majinsnakemajinsnake Member Posts: 113
    edited December 2012
    sigh.

@Lobo
    Ignore the 3rd party program. You or your friend needs to be hosting the game. Connect to the host via IP address (Your's or your friends).

http://findports.com/document.php?tag=baldurs-gate - Ports for the game. Make sure you add them to your router/firewall if you have one for playing the game. That includes the windows firewall. Add 47630 port as well. All TCP/UDP.

sorry i don't know how enter in port setup and how change ...
    edited December 2012
    Is your internet using a router or is it built-in to the modem?

If it is a router, Do you know the brand name of your router?

Look for it in the list provided by the link and follow it.

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm
    videotron d link compagnie
  • SilySily Member Posts: 91
    If you feel lucky, you can just look up your ip (whatismyip.com), host multiplayer game, give IP to friend and tell her to join. Everything worked fine for me and folks without having to forward or open any ports manually.

Of course I had to allow the game through firewall, but duh, that's just logical. Must be my ultimate gamer setup.
    i have open port 2300-2400 is it the good port ?
    so if my port are open every1 should be able to join me even if they dont have open port ?
  • KodrakKodrak Member Posts: 42
    If you want to host the game you need to open the port that are listed when you launch the multiplayer. If you have problems handling with port forwarding / hosting, I'd recommend you wait until they come out with the update where they(Beamdog) will be hosting the server. Just to prevent messing in your router/modem functions and making your internet not work at all... No those are not the correct ports and Yes people can join you when you open your ports and host.
    edited December 2012
    when i play at 3 ( home lan ) i can see only 1 mate... there is another bug how fix that ?
    edited December 2012
    Yes kodrak the ports I gave him....are the correct ports as well as 47630. I figured since he can see 47630 anytime he chooses to host a game...I didn't have to list it as well. Even if more ports are open, it never hurts.

This Enhanced Edition is literally almost a direct port of the old Baldurs gate with the exception of the game fixes.

When I added 47630 the first time...my game crashed. When I found the other ports that I posted in the link above...someone from Australia connected to me. Stick with what works.
    Post edited by majinsnake on
  • GradyOPGradyOP Member Posts: 12
    TBH, all i had to do was install Hamachi and my roommate could see the game i created. This is just the path i took. This way i didn't have to worry about the ports.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I've deleted the off-topic posts from this thread. Carry on as before.