Skip to content

when will we know if BGEE2 is on?

My understanding is that if BGEE does well, BGEE2 will go forward. When will this be known?

Comments

• mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    BG2:EE is not depend on BG:EE success, they already working on it and it will be release somtime in 2013
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Well.

They're not working on it yet; right now they're working on making sure BG:EE is stable for everyone who bought it. Once that's solid, then they'll start work on BG2.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    In that question-answering session a few months back they said something along the lines of "We're fully committed to making and releasing BG2:EE, even if it means working out of a cardboard box". They allready have the rights to do it (unlike EEs of other things like Torment or Icewind Dale) and they claim they most definitely will so my guess would be they start on it within the next couple months when the first one is fully done. It currently isn't, what with a lot of bugs and some missing cut scenes.
  • tyl998tyl998 Member Posts: 144
    I am very surprised that they'd plan on releasing BG2:EE in summer 2013. It doesn't seem like enough time.
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    Aosaw said:

Well.

They're not working on it yet; right now they're working on making sure BG:EE is stable for everyone who bought it. Once that's solid, then they'll start work on BG2.

Huh. I thought DLC and other possible post-release features would be the priority after that.
  • OurQuestIsVainOurQuestIsVain Member Posts: 201
    Even if bg2ee was up in the air (which it isn't as far as I know) if they waited to see the success of bg1ee I'm pretty sure they would have pushed bg2ee through before 1 was even released simply based on preorders. They are making a grip of cash here. Personally I had no idea there was such a huge community for this game. Once they fix all the bugs and start releasing dlc they will have their own money printing machine...bg2ee is a lock, and by the looks of it bg3 is starting to look like it might happen as well.
  • RiolathelRiolathel Member Posts: 330
    Yeah i will continue to support overhaul so that BG3 becomes a possibility. BG:EE has been fun enough but i'm not sure if i can wait a year to play the second :P
  • triclops41triclops41 Member Posts: 207

Even if bg2ee was up in the air (which it isn't as far as I know) if they waited to see the success of bg1ee I'm pretty sure they would have pushed bg2ee through before 1 was even released simply based on preorders. They are making a grip of cash here. Personally I had no idea there was such a huge community for this game. Once they fix all the bugs and start releasing dlc they will have their own money printing machine...bg2ee is a lock, and by the looks of it bg3 is starting to look like it might happen as well.

Even the relatively straightforward work done on BGEE costs real money. Hopefully they are in the black.