Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Let's Play

MurrayConfederacyMurrayConfederacy Member Posts: 188
edited December 2012 in Off-Topic
Heya, I have been wanting to do a let's play on You Tube for a while now, inspired by people like mynameisnotlilly and @Zeckul (HDGamingReplays). I just have some issues:

I dislike my voice and my accent: I feel like this is going to be a big problem with my let's play as If I don't have confidence (and hence sound unconfident) in my voice then the majority viewers won't be too interested in my let's play.

Next Issue is how to play, I am really interested in doing a role play let's play of Baldur's Gate much like mynameisnotlilly (I really enjoyed that LP) but I have fears that due to my hyperactivity and tendency to spam quicksave and rest I might not do it properly.

Any thoughts people? (as in ways to combat my problems)

EDIT: Also, what would YOU like to see in the let's play? (this let's play is going ahead no matter what but I don't want it to fail too bad.)
Post edited by MurrayConfederacy on

Comments

• TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    What I wanna see is Ummm ironman play? Nah just pulling your leg.
    But seriously how about put some constraints? You know ......like pick a class most ppl wouldn't want to choose because too hard or whatever(for example, bard?). There are many plays so worth a shot to do somethin different ;)
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I don't know anyone who likes how thier voice sounds when they record it and listen back to it, so don't worry about that.
  • State_LemmingState_Lemming Member Posts: 375
    What kind of LP are we talking about? Are they going to be funny or is it just going to be you playing Baldur's Gate? Because there seem to be audiences for both.
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    You're in a good position, post a video here and you'll automatically get a few views from people who already like the game.

Just go for it! If you want constructive criticism at least you have this, one of the friendliest forums ever (surely!)
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    ajwz said:

I don't know anyone who likes how thier voice sounds when they record it and listen back to it, so don't worry about that.

I love the sound of my own voice.

Then again, my dream job is to be a commercial voice actor so I'm already really comfortable listening back to myself so I can learn to manipulate my vocal chords to do different impressions and voices.
  • MurrayConfederacyMurrayConfederacy Member Posts: 188
    edited December 2012
    Thanks for the help :)
    Post edited by MurrayConfederacy on