Skip to content

Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition™ for iPad

2»

Comments

• inweinwe Member Posts: 79
    Multiplayer will be totally cross platform, so you can play with your iPad and another player from a Mac, PC or another iPad.. I idon't know if it will be through Game Center (Mac and iPad) or just a new menu option in the game.
  • jmkeylonjmkeylon Member Posts: 4
    THAT is ridiculously awesome. I can't wait! I don't have a computer just an iPad, so I didn't think I'd be able to game with my friends anymore... Looks like that problem is SOLVED! So cool!
  • OletheaOlethea Member Posts: 1
    I would've never thought Baldur's Gate would hit the iTunes store... finally, a game with considerable depth for the iPad! As for save games being transferable between the different platforms, I would guess that they would be stored on Overhaul servers?
  • Dave_McDDave_McD Member Posts: 2
    Well, all I can say is its about time. I have been in withdrawal for years! The end of September can't come soon enough. I have just managed to win Diablo III, that will tide me over until I can get BG on my iPad!
  • Dave_McDDave_McD Member Posts: 2
    Also, just putting it out there...I am willing to be a tester for the iPad version, you know, just in case you need one. It has absolutely nothing to do with my withdrawal symptoms and my need to get my hands on the game. Nope, nothing at all to do with it!
  • AlexBiAlexBi Member Posts: 31
    Uh? "End of September"? I understood "this summer" (today, tomorrow, 1st august...)
  • jmkeylonjmkeylon Member Posts: 4
    September is still summer...
  • RenshtalisRenshtalis Member Posts: 136
    Just a quick question, how many other ppl grabbed an iPad JUST for this game? If we find the numbers ARE high enough, maybe they can bring out a BGEE iPad, maybe with some kind of artwork instead of the plain black/white they have goin on now! Or maybe some free DLC
  • gharleyjrgharleyjr Member Posts: 2
    Time to think about android. This would be great on ouya console.
  • ImoenDKImoenDK Member Posts: 2
    At last a serious game for iPad , instead of All the crab games awaillable in app store!
  • ImoenDKImoenDK Member Posts: 2
    I bought ny iPad just for bg, can't wait till summer is over!
  • ArinochArinoch Member Posts: 15
    Though I was planning on buying an iPad eventually, BG:EE _did_ push me over the edge to pick one up sooner than later.
  • FerluciFerluci Member Posts: 26
    This is seriously great news! In fact, I have checked the app store of my iPad lots of times to see if BG was ever released on it. This will give me great joy during my flights for work! Thanks guys!
  • nickhartnickhart Member Posts: 3
    All props to Android, but I wouldn't hold your breath for an android tablet version. Assuming the original game was written in C/C++, they'll have an easier time porting it to iOS than they will Android (which would require rewriting the whole thing in Java). Also, with 24 million iPads sold compared to 1-2 million for Android I can tell you right now where the business people will side on this question.
    In fact, you can make an Android App just with C/C++ using NDK (Native Development Kit), but I must agree that is much more profitable an iPad version than Android version.. also you don't have to deal with several hardware configurations (perhaps the App can only be played on Tegra based tablets, so all the Galaxy models are out (less users), and so on...). Also you have to deal with angry users that cannot play with his current tablet... I must admit that I would do the same as Beamdog if I've to invest money and make profit of them.
  • lars_rosenberglars_rosenberg Member Posts: 15
    edited July 2012
    nickhart said:

Also, with 24 million iPads sold compared to 1-2 million for Android I can tell you right now where the business people will side on this question.

This isn't completely true... remember that Kindle Fire was an Android tablet (even if the os is modified by Amazon) and it sold at least 6 million tablets. And now that Nexus 7 is out at that low price I guess Android market share will be bigger.
    The real problems are compatibility with different hardwares and maybe piracy (but I'm sure there is a way to avoid most of it).
    However I'll definitely buy BG:EE for my Motorola Xoom if it comes out.

EDIT: I found Andy Rubin said that 12 million tablet have been sold, excluding the Kindle Fire and Nook Tablet. So they are close to 20 millions. Less than iPad, but not so bad

EDIT: I found Andy Rubin said that 12 million tablet have been sold, excluding the Kindle Fire and Nook Tablet. So they are close to 20 millions. Less than iPad, but not so bad

Yes, there are 20 millions, but How many can run smoothly BG:EE? I had an Android tablet few months ago and unfortunately, The only game I was able to play (technically speaking) was Angry Birds
  • Twilight_FoxTwilight_Fox Member Posts: 448
    ''This is seriously great news!'' Agree
  • meltdownmonkmeltdownmonk Member Posts: 2
    I preordered the game for PC, but if I want to play it on my iPad I'll need to buy it again for iPad? (makese sense, but it would be nice if there were some way to play it on both after buying it once)
  • RenshtalisRenshtalis Member Posts: 136
    @meltdownmonk nup, Soz dude. U gotta buy it on both platforms. Like if u wanted to play cod4 on Xbox and ps, gotta buy it twice.
  • SamielSamiel Member Posts: 156
    I'm not too fussed buying it twice, if it helps them inch towards a Baldur's Gate III I'm all for it! I'm just way too happy with my new ipad to not want to have Baldur's Gate on it too!
  • AnimewareAnimeware Member Posts: 73
    If I have too I will buy it for PC & Android Devices lol lol and compare......
  • cateocateo Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2012
    Baldur's Gate for ipad??!??!?? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    I already preordered the PC version, and when the time will come, i'll buy the ipad versione.
    I wonder how they are gonna let me share the save files...
    Anyway i found out this incredible news just few days ago, and i'm still excited.
    I can't wait....
  • tashurtashur Member Posts: 2
    Pretty excited you guys did this port. I did the PC preorder, because I love PC games; but I'll get the iPad version too as soon as its out. BG for a hundred hours of gym time? Yes, please. My future blood pressure reading thanks you ;)
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    I'm so disappointed.

From Trent's Twitter:
    @TrentOster: iOS build had a game-stopper bug.  With current estimate for app store approval, that puts us into next week.  We're doing all we can.”

Dang. No iPad release tomorrow. :(
  • BG2BG2 Member Posts: 19
    "Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster

Apple is killing me. We've been in review for the entire day, despite my checking my e-mail and our app status every three minutes. "
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    It's out, downloading now! Boo is dancing! Watch those tiny legs move!
  • DovakhiinDovakhiin Member Posts: 113
    AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH GO FOR THE EYES BOO GO FOR THE EYES !!!!!! AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH my donwload takes time (5% max now :()
  • fanclubfanclub Member Posts: 14
    Where si The spanish version?
This discussion has been closed.