Skip to content

I'm playing on an intel integrated graphics laptop

I have only myself to blame for buying an intel integrated graphics laptop. Seriously, I don't know why I did that. Don't ever do that. Somewhere Mooly is cackling evilly at my intellectual sloth and counting my six hundred dollars, and he's probably going to buy another stupid Kangol hat with it. That prick.

Anyway, the game runs in windowed mode. Playing on a laptop is pretty bad, integrated graphics or no. Playing with the trackpad makes me want to self-immolate with kerosene in the street, and that isn't Beamdog's fault. I don't usually play on laptops, but I just moved cross country and I haven't yet my PC shipped UPS yet (pray for it). I'm pretty sure I left my razer mouse in a Howard Johnson's, but I don't want to go back to the Howard Johnson's to ask for it. So for now I'm forced to be ghetto and play bgee on an ultrabook with no mouse in windowed mode because I forgot that integrated graphics are bad.

But the game's still great and I think Beamdog did a super job. That's my main point. Also don't stay at a Howard Johnson's.

Comments

• zarffynzarffyn Member Posts: 175
    Once the game is running, can you switch it to full-screen with alt+enter and play? I have the intel issue as well, and as long as I enter *and* exit the game in windowed mode, I can still play in full-screen (occasionally I get screen flickering, but switching to windowed and back to full again usually solves it).

The trackpad...God help you there. Ouch.
  • ramagonsramagons Member Posts: 96
    edited December 2012
    zarffyn said:

Once the game is running, can you switch it to full-screen with alt+enter and play? I have the intel issue as well, and as long as I enter *and* exit the game in windowed mode, I can still play in full-screen (occasionally I get screen flickering, but switching to windowed and back to full again usually solves it).

The trackpad...God help you there. Ouch.

Cool, this works.

My new mouse arrives Tuesday.

Edit: it works until you alt tab to say that it works.
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    Trackpad just takes a little getting used to. Integrated Intel graphics, on the other hand, they stay with you till the end. Like Herpes.
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    Yeah, when I was laptop shopping, the first filter I put on every site's search was to make sure it had an NVIDIA card. Mine has integrated Intel graphics for normal use and a graphics card for gaming.

Though when I was looking at AMD systems for someone else, I noticed they tend to all have separate graphics devices, too -- though they lack dedicated video memory, sharing the system RAM instead. Saves space, I suppose, maybe even a little electricity.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    ramagons said:

I have only myself to blame for buying an intel integrated graphics laptop. Seriously, I don't know why I did that. Don't ever do that. Somewhere Mooly is cackling evilly at my intellectual sloth and counting my six hundred dollars, and he's probably going to buy another stupid Kangol hat with it. That prick.

I feel ya, buddy. I got my laptop from my parents as a combo graduation/birthday/early christmas gift a few years back. They pretty much said they didn't really know what I was looking for in a laptop, so I should feel free to bring it back to the store and exchange it if I want, and chip in some of my own money to cover the difference if I wanted to get a more expensive one. Overall it had decent specs, but the graphics card worried me a bit. And yet, despite having plenty of money saved up, I just kept it as is, mostly out of laziness and lack of forethought ("well it seems to play all my current games just fine..."). And I've since spent all the money I had saved on university, so I probably won't be able to upgrade for another couple years till I graduate...
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Depends on the actual chipset, I have BGEE running on an integrated Intel HD 4000 chipset (on a mid-2012 MacBook Air running Win 7 via Bootcamp) and the graphics seem absolutely fine with the current build of BGEE.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    I play BGEE most of the time with a trackpad, unless I'm playing multiplayer. Its just something you get used to.