Skip to content

Edwins portrait

WooWoo Member Posts: 135
edited December 2012 in Not An Issue
I started a new game, made a wildmage, used Edwin's portrait for myself, and when I got to Nashkel and spoke to Edwin he had a different portrait than he should have, some gnome or halfling looking pic.
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    That's normal. If you choose a portrait that is normally used by an NPC, that NPC then gets a different one. I would actually consider it more of a bug if they weren't assigned a different portrait, as it would be pretty weird running into someone who looked indentical to your main character (as well as possibly confusing when it comes to selecting the character).
  • WooWoo Member Posts: 135
    TJ_Hooker said:

That's normal. If you choose a portrait that is normally used by an NPC, that NPC then gets a different one. I would actually consider it more of a bug if they weren't assigned a different portrait, as it would be pretty weird running into someone who looked indentical to your main character (as well as possibly confusing when it comes to selecting the character).

I disagree, this isn't the case, I have has same portrait as other npcs multiple times, Most recently Neera and she still had hers. Also install original BG1 and use Imoen's portrait, she will still have same one.
  • KougaKouga Member Posts: 83
    What TJ_Hooker sais is true. Try to take the portrait of Khalid or as you said Edwin for example.

Neera is a new npc so maybe they simpely forgot to give her a "back-up" portrait.

As for Imoen, she should have a back-up portrait but I never tried.

Eitherway, you can disagree but Edwin is not a bug. Imoen and Neera are.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited December 2012
    Woo said:

TJ_Hooker said:

I disagree, this isn't the case, I have has same portrait as other npcs multiple times, Most recently Neera and she still had hers. Also install original BG1 and use Imoen's portrait, she will still have same one.
    Really? Huh, well, my mistake then. Could have sworn I read that somewhere...
    Apparently I was right afterall, huzzah.
    Post edited by TJ_Hooker on
  • jolly_bbjolly_bb Member Posts: 122
    Woo said:

I tend to disagree. Using up someone's else portrait made that NPC take a different one. More than that, it was not even random. Each NPC had a 'second' tier portrait assigned in vanilla BG1. Same for BGEE.

Only concern here - should Edwin really look like a gnome on his second portrait :)

• WooWoo Member Posts: 135
    Guess we know why Edwin wears the hood!