Skip to content

[BUG?] Unable to select individual characters (Charname or NPCs)

BaldursCatBaldursCat Member Posts: 432
edited December 2012 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
Running:
Win7 Home Premium 64Bit
Sony Vaio
Intel Core i5 CPU M480 @ 2.67GHz
6GB Ram
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470

Game Difficulty: Novice (yes, yes, I'm rubbish, I know)
Area Map phenomenon first noticed: Between the Friendly Arms & Beregost
Party: Charname, Khalid, Jaheira, Imoen, Monty, Xzar
Issue: The ability to select individual characters keeps 'disappearing' for want of a better word. If I click on an individual nothing happens, as such I cannot access each individual's skills and feats. This inability to select each character appears to coincide with all but charname's soundsets dropping out. Khalid's portrait border flashed as though he was saying something but no audio plays.

EDIT: QUITTING and then Reloading from a save rectifies the issue for a short time but it's happened twice.

Also [BUG] I've only had this once but during the 'kill rats' task in Candlekeep the game seemed to get stuck in a loop. I killed all the rats but the last one didn't lose it's red circle and Charname kept autopausing on 'target gone'. As the game didn't recognise I'd finish the task I didn't get the XP/Reward.

HTH?
Post edited by BaldursCat on

Comments

• martcp71martcp71 Member Posts: 1
    When this happened to me I was able to ctrl-left click on the portraits and select individuals. With regard to the last rat, I remember that occasional bug in the first iteration of BG. Happens once in a while, I believe a reload solved it for me. Good luck.
  • BaldursCatBaldursCat Member Posts: 432
    Touch wood it seems to be just that one map area it happens on, but if there's a patch that'll sort it all the better.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Are you using ctrl+esc to minimize/ tab out of the game?
  • MoobooMagooMoobooMagoo Member Posts: 11
    Try hitting U to hide the character pane, then U again to have it show.

I had a similar thing happen to me. If its the same bug this should be a quick work around.
  • BaldursCatBaldursCat Member Posts: 432
    If I tab out of the game I tend to use Alt+Tab rather than ctrl+esc, @TJ_Hooker but it's good to know there are at least workarounds if I get the issue again.