Skip to content

Imoen running out of magical arrows

VoidSorcererVoidSorcerer Member Posts: 33
edited January 2013 in Not An Issue
There is an extremely annoying glitch that when Imoen runs out of magic arrows in the first "ranged-ammunition slot" she switches to her melee weapon and charges the closest enemy. She should switch to slot 2 and then 3 before switching to Melee. I only see this happen when she has magical arrows equipped, it does not appear to be a problem if she has regular arrows.
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by Zeckul on
  • DalsdDalsd Member Posts: 11
    Ain't this intended for not letting your archer wipe your entire team with detonation arrows? You can make the game to auto-pause after a weapon becomes unusable thus giving you chance to change the arrows.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,055
    We actually put a bit of thought into this. The idea was that this way you can store your more valuable arrows in your quiver without fear of accidentally wasting them.
    It also allows you to save inventory slots.
    edited December 2012
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    Moved.
  • SandmanSandman Member Posts: 73
    edited December 2012
    When there are different missle weapons in the 3 slots say 2 slots regular arrows and then 1 slot fire arrows and I use the fire arrows up for instance, the character will not equip the next set of arrow types in the slots. Instead he or she will go charging into battle with their melee weapon and I have to manually select the regular arrows.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited December 2012
    Characters will only switch to slots containing the same ammo type as the first. This is intentional so that players can store multiple types in their quivers without having to worry about accidentally wasting precious magical ammo.
  • VoidSorcererVoidSorcerer Member Posts: 33
    I'm experiencing the glitch when I have all three slots filled with Magical Arrows +1
    Also, may I request that such a feature given a toggle option for on/off - I, personally, never store ammo I DON'T want my characters shooting in their ready to use slots. It's just simpler to assign the arrows directly from the backpack when I decide I suddenly need some fireballs to fly.
    The issue appears to be resolved as you stated above and she is now properly shooting all her arrows of the same type.
  • LaflammeLaflamme Member Posts: 54
    I think this should only apply to magical ammo: it makes no sense for my archer to shoot her magical arrows, then switch to her fists instead of using normal arrows…
  • PawnSlayerPawnSlayer Member Posts: 295
    Agreed, a toggle option would be nice. Sometimes I'm using up the various magical arrows I've collected, and I don't like having to constantly go and switch back to the bow from the melee weapon.
  • AronAron Member Posts: 94
    edited December 2012
    If Imoen uses magical arrows, then runs out of them. She will not automaticly start with normal arrows. She will then assume she is out of arrows and pick up her short sword instead.

Regards

Tom Fjellheim
    edited December 2012
  • AronAron Member Posts: 94
    Excellent. Then I assume thiese types of "non-issue" bugs will be patched up soon.