Skip to content

Tutorial: Casting 'Entangle' in the basement reduces game speed to a crawl

I'm playing BG:EE on an iPad 3 and I've been toying around with the tutorial and after casting the druid spell 'Entangle' the framerate dropped to a crawl and the game was very laggy while the spell effect was active. After the spell wore off, framerates returned to normal. I guess the more graphics intensive area spells will generally cause a significant drop in the framerate? I guess you guys will do some more tweaking on that? Other than that, great job so far! Love playing BG on the iPad - can't wait for the Mac version.

Comments

• Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    Yikes. that doesn't sound good.
  • SermonSermon Member Posts: 8
    I haven't tried to reproduce this yet, but maybe others have experienced the same slowdown?
  • BigityBigity Member Posts: 98
    Entangle used to do that on my old PC back when BG was new too.
  • prometheanpromethean Member Posts: 9
    Yep, I remember that from the original as well-- I it even happened with the GOG version on my laptop wtih an i7 & GTX 660.
  • SermonSermon Member Posts: 8
    ... but should it do that on the iPad 3, too? ;)
  • BigityBigity Member Posts: 98
    Who casts that spell anyway, honestly ;)
  • Hoosier171Hoosier171 Member Posts: 1
    Ive had entangle cast against me twice in the game already and it slowed my ipad 3 to a crawl...
  • EndlesswaveEndlesswave Member Posts: 28
    I did the exact same thing. Hopefully they fix it. :p
  • RaventigerRaventiger Member Posts: 17
    I wish there was a way to stop entangle. As it is, I have to wait for the spell to wear off to clear my party of it's effects (yes I've attacked myself with the spell, this is my first ipad game, getting used to the interface is...fun :-) )
  • namelessonenamelessone Member Posts: 17
    Yep, same thing, I just started another thread about it - doh. Hope it gets fixed soon. At least I can control when I cast it - I don't want to get to NPCs who might use stuff like Web or Entangle.
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    Actually you guys are right, entangle brought my computer to a crawl 10 years ago. It's also a very annoying spell too. Just stick to spiderweb ;)
  • AzoAzo Member Posts: 12
    Actually it's not just the entangle spell. For me it is basically all spells that cause some kind of area of effect. Or simply a lot of magical stuff in game cast simultaneously.