Skip to content

PC hosting + iPad - version mismatch?

SansPantsSansPants Member Posts: 2
I'm trying to host the game and my friend playing on an iPad is trying to join. I am set up just fine - he gets:

The multiplayer session has been terminated. the program version numbers for the server and the client programs do not match. server program version v1.0.2010 Client program version: v1.0.2009b

_____

He's checked and made sure his version was up to date. I just downloaded it as of 30 minutes ago.

Heeeeeelp!

Comments

• majinsnakemajinsnake Member Posts: 113
    edited December 2012
    Have you read the Ipad section on the issue?

Have you tried exiting out of the client entirely and restarting?

Have you tried anything else to resolve it?

The patch just did come out. Give the developers time to fix things. Much more than 30 minutes.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2012
    I don't know if there is much we (non-programmers) can do on this one, you should put this in the bugs section.
  • EasyTargetEasyTarget Member Posts: 1
    I haven't been able to find much information on it and I have read the iPad section. I have also tried rolling back my version of BG:EE to v2009. You would think they would roll out like version numbers.

Either way, if I find anything out, I'll post in it here.
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Most likely they haven't pushed the update for the iPad onto the servers just yet... Give it some time.
  • SansPantsSansPants Member Posts: 2
    I didn't know they had just updated the PC version. Said friend bought me the game specifically so we could play it multiplayer, so...

Just wanted to make sure that it was the fact that the iPad version hasn't received a version that the PC version has, and that it's going to be fixed eventually (you know, by updating the iPad version), I'm cool.