Skip to content

More Armor/Clothing Colors

FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
edited December 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
I was hoping for more appearance colors to choose from.
So here is two feature requests:

1. More Colors to choose from.
If using Shadowkeeper then there are 130ish colors to choose from, some of them are bugged but there is still way more then currently selectable in-game. Since the colors are already available in the game, we just need them selectable without a third party program

2. Possibility to dye Armor, Metal & Leather.
Currently we can only select colors for the Major & Minor Clothing parts, would be awesome if we could also dye the Armor, Metal & Leather parts.

Comments

• RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    I wouldn't mind more options. I tried using Shadowkeeper with the original BG2, but it proved to be a pain trying to find which colours wouldn't automatically crash my game. Plus it's too much irritating going back and forth from the game itself to the Shadowkeeper application (even without the game crashes) just to see what a colour looks like.
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    I support the idea. I want my super-black hoodie!
  • thedemoninsidethedemoninside Member Posts: 188
    I wonder if this is something more easily modded in with the updated engine.
  • PeteAtomsPeteAtoms Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 140
    edited December 2012
    Sign me up! I like this idea.

I know I might be going overboard, but what if we had more than just the primary and secondary color choices? What if there was some 3rd tertiary color as well?

I think I would also extend this to skin and hair color as well!
  • RomulanPaladinRomulanPaladin Member Posts: 188
    Actually, this is idea may serve a better purpose then merely aesthetics. With the new character colored circles, it's important to have bold colors available to aid with character distinction. The colors they have available produce weakly colored circles and sometimes it's hard to tell who's circle is who's.
  • PeteAtomsPeteAtoms Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 140
    Yeah, the colors need to be more saturated/bolder and we need a wider range of colors to choose in the first place.
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    With this I vote for a few more skin tones and hair colours. We need a red hair choice for the new Red haired female portrait (which I love). Had to shadowkeeper it in for now :D
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    Agreed
  • RomulanPaladinRomulanPaladin Member Posts: 188
    IchigoRXC said:

With this I vote for a few more skin tones and hair colours. We need a red hair choice for the new Red haired female portrait (which I love). Had to shadowkeeper it in for now :D

I actually did the exact same thing for the exact same reason.
  • PinkRosePinkRose Member Posts: 102
    I support this.
    Shadowkeeper works, but it isn't the easiest way.
  • KithrixxKithrixx Member Posts: 215
    I'd buy it as a DLC just for the sake of convenience. Shadowkeeper is frustrating.
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    edited December 2012
    Extra colours seems like something to trivial to charge for. I think something like sub-races is more the kind of thing you'd start charging for (though, in my mind, that would be dependent on whether they actually impact gameplay at all or not).
  • escagirlukescagirluk Member Posts: 21
    I would love this. I've always been annoyed that Jan Jansen got to have those awesome clothing colours, but I never could.