Skip to content

Gold - of any extended use?

I have just completed candlekeep catacombs and I have collected a bit over 450k in gold. Although I know by now that I surely can't spend that amount anywhere I was wondering if it's all totally useless from this point on? I think I've bought the stuff i need like ankheg armor, shadow armor and robe of neutral archmagi (granted I found you get get three others without buying though). Can I export it or something even though I pretty much feel it would ruin a BG2 game?

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Pretty much useless at that stage. Maybe buy some arrows of explosions, those are always useful. Infact generally stocking up on powerful magical ammunition is a good idea.
  • Greenman019Greenman019 Member Posts: 206
    You can't import it into bg2 as far as I know, it would ruin the game. (Gold is plot critical early on)
  • OpiumhandlarnOpiumhandlarn Member Posts: 12
    Thanks for the input. Well, looks like my hoarding mania got the better of me in this game:)
    Indeed the lack of gold was something I remembered from BG2 and I simply forgot that it didn't apply in this one.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    something happens at the start of bg2 anyway, so your accumulated gold at bg1 is not important. :)
    Stock on expensive potions, like potions of magic shielding/protection, giant strentghs, and sell and buy all of the wands to fully charge them. Also buy all the magical arrows, bolts, bullets etc. you can find, I've heard they are helpful at the end of the game if you want to avoid entering melee with one particular gentleman for some reason.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    something happens at the start of bg2 anyway, so your accumulated gold at bg1 is not important. :)
    Stock on expensive potions, like potions of magic shielding/protection, giant strentghs, and sell and buy all of the wands to fully charge them. Also buy all the magical arrows, bolts, bullets etc. you can find, I've heard they are helpful at the end of the game if you want to avoid entering melee with one particular gentleman for some reason.
  • SidemiSidemi Member Posts: 70
    Well... i guess Neera can take care off your gold. Goddamn wild magic. :)
    Potions of strength, scrolls of protections and magical ammunition - always good choice.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I recommend going and killing Drizzt (for the loot!), and then donating gold to the church to bring your reputation back up to 20.
    Hehe, I don't like to use depletable items though:) Tend to pretty much stick to my actual build and hope it works, at the most I think I'll use a potion of heroism and my abilities when I face down you know who. I have arrows for my archer in excess too so I don't think there's much else to do on that front. Good with the fast responses I have to say.
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    lunar said:

I like how you said so much, without any spoilers

• HeroicSpurHeroicSpur Member Posts: 907
    Bit of a shame, I was hoping they might add some new ultra-expensive items to make that gold worthwhile. I made a request about it a while ago. There are some concerns items should be of limited power considering the setting, but if you're willing to lay down 100k, you should be able to buy them.
    Aosaw said:

I recommend going and killing Drizzt (for the loot!), and then donating gold to the church to bring your reputation back up to 20.

There's an idea, I might have run into him already and he might have run off, not quite sure though.

As for Neera, that thief is hard to manage. I sort of told her off when she had stolen from that dude and since then she hasn't spoken to me, romance and all that. This in addition to that I had said that we should sneak away behind the bushes earlier. Not something I liked but the choices were crap and she seemed to reward that sort of behaviour.