Skip to content

Dorn / Kryll Bug (spoilers)

current behavior: When you first find Kryll with Dorn in the party there is chance that the dialogue fails to initiate. Instead what happens is the camera locks onto Dorn, but you still have control of your characters (at least dorn anyway). I started attacking kryll, but then realized that obviously a bug had occurred and reloaded. Once I reloaded, and walked up to kryll, dialogue initiated as it should.

expected behavior: dialogue should initiate no matter what.

Comments

• ilovexydilovexyd Member Posts: 12
    edited November 2012
    My first meeting Kryll just stucked,Kryll has nothing to say.I've saved a game few seconds ago,so when i loaded,my team walked in a row.Charname walked ahead and Dorn got the back,then the screen was locked in Dorn and when Dorn went in front of Kryll,she still had nothing to say.At last i loaded one more time ,the dialog between D&K just triggered.
  • M6k3M6k3 Member Posts: 180
    This same problem, the dialog just dont enter and screen just stopt i try to load the game and restat and this dont do ntoing, finally i try to go witch allone Dorn to talk witch Kryll and its finnally work
  • Abdel_AdrianAbdel_Adrian Member Posts: 430
    I'm having the same problem with lack of dialog even when Dorn confronts Kryll one on one, my party is as far away as possible. She won't initiate convo and has nothing to say if I click her. I can kill her and progress Dorn's quest without helping Taris and her missing husband. Interesting thing that I just discovered...my journal recorded her death and the finding of the note on her corpse. She's standing right next to me and yet is "dead" (I never attacked her), but that'd explain why she won't talk.
  • Snowblindn3ssSnowblindn3ss Member Posts: 16
    I tried loading the game a couple of times, going to her as Dorn alone. None of these work. I finally just killed her and Dorn's quest progressed, however Taris' quest will be stuck forever I guess.
  • corvorosso610corvorosso610 Member Posts: 143
    I have the same problem but reloading the game doesnt fix it. How can I resolve it?
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Yeah, i guess you just avoided a more serious bug later :)
  • VakzVakz Member Posts: 2
    Had the same issue at first, but reloading (once) made it unbug. Guess you just have to be lucky..
  • RedWizardRedWizard Member Posts: 242

I have the same problem but reloading the game doesnt fix it. How can I resolve it?

I left the area, went back to the mines, then returned.

This will be fixed or already fixed in live release
  • odedoded Member Posts: 5
    I cannot find Kryll can anybody help me please, I have looked on the easter part of Neshkal and in the Carnival but nothing so far
  • VitorVitor Member Posts: 288
    edited December 2012
    I'm having the same problem. The camera locks on Dorn, and the dialogue with Kryll doesn't start. I can even kill her, that she won't react. I saved after the camera locked on Dorn, load it again... then I left the area, and when I came back, she still didn't speak anything.

I don't know if that is relevant, but my actual party is me, Dorn, Branwen, Edwin, Xan and Neera. The version of my game is v.1.0.2009.

I hope you'll correct this grotesque error and enable multiplayer by beamdog client as soon as possible.
    Post edited by Vitor on
  • HectorplagueHectorplague Member Posts: 1
    both Dorn and Kryll have nothing to say to me after Ive talked to the lady in Nashkel, quest line is seriously bugged up
  • WalshenatorWalshenator Member Posts: 14
    @Vitor
    I have the exact same problem as you with the Dor/Kryll dialogue but I have 1.0.2010 version of the game and different party members.
    I also tried exiting the area and returning with the scene still not working on my return. :-(
    Not quite sure where to go from here. At the moment, I'm ignoring the quest and exploring elsewhere in the hopes a future patch will fix it!
  • SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
    I'm having problem location Kryll. In what area is she?
    @SamuelVarg
    In the area below and to the right of Nashkel mines. It's the area where the Flaming Fist Mercenary is looking for a deserter.
  • Graf_WasiliGraf_Wasili Member Posts: 60
    Should be possible to reset the quests global variable with shadow keeper. I start trying with dornplot=2.

I don't have a stuck or stuttering issue just the quest not advancing at all all the time (had to speak to the noble in nashkell by initiative despite my evil allergy for whining helpless people). After dorn telling me kryll might be around she idn't talk to me.
  • Graf_WasiliGraf_Wasili Member Posts: 60
    mh she still isn't talking to me and i had to kill her without fighting, but at least dorn speaks to me again
  • CLsdlt80CLsdlt80 Member Posts: 82
    So it is possible to solve this situation with ShadowKeeper? I still can't find a way to get around the fact that she doesn´t talk and that the screen fixes over Dorn as if a dialogue secuence will occur, but nothing happens.
    I'm also still having the Dorn/Kryll issue after installing the new patch. Does anyone know if this was one of the fixes? If so, maybe I have to restart the game?? :-(
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    Another bug to add on to this list regarding Kryll:

Current Behavior: Kryll is a Necromancer, but casts Mirror Image on herself when she attacks you.

Expected Behavior: Kryll should not be able to cast Mirror Image, since the Illusion school is prohibited to Necromancers.
    This seems to be fixed by moving dorn near kryll.

I tried moving Dorn near Kryll. Walked him around near her trying to find a trigger but it didn't happen for me. :-(

• CLBBoothCLBBooth Member Posts: 3

I tried moving Dorn near Kryll. Walked him around near her trying to find a trigger but it didn't happen for me. :-(

Same here, no matter what I do Kryll won't talk. Also, If I try to initiate conversation with Kryll using Dorn the game starts to stutter badly.
  • Same thing and I don't want to move on in the game until this is fixed
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    edited March 2013
    Same bug happened to me: Seems to "auto resolve" itself when reloading and retrying to approach Kryll with Dorn.

The same bug happened to me when entering the Bandit Camp by joining the bandits.
    Even here the only way to get through is to reload until the trigger triggers and the dialogue starts..

I want to say that this bug started to appear after the 2014 hotfix, as I was testing the same areas just before that hotfix and that bug never happened at that time.

Of course reloading is an escamotage but not the solution..yet is working for me, by now... :)

Just to take a little laugh while we wait to get the bug fixed...

Post edited by Metalloman on
  • PercyPrunePercyPrune Member Posts: 1
    I had the same problem but could not get it to resolve. I got my main character to talk to Dorn, whilst close to Kryll which initiated the dialogue :)
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    Mortianna said:

Another bug to add on to this list regarding Kryll:

Current Behavior: Kryll is a Necromancer, but casts Mirror Image on herself when she attacks you.

Expected Behavior: Kryll should not be able to cast Mirror Image, since the Illusion school is prohibited to Necromancers.

@Avenger_teambg

Just FYI: Kryll still casts Mirror Image. Maybe she could cast a different defensive spell, like Spirit Armor or Stoneskin (which might make her last longer in the fight anyway).

• LinkamusLinkamus Member Posts: 221
    Just wanted to say that this bug still very much alive. I had to reload 5 or 6 times and approach her from the west instead of the north in order to get the dialogue to initialize.