Skip to content

+1,+2+3,... on armor

l1n00xl1n00x Member Posts: 1
edited December 2012 in New Players (NO SPOILERS!)
It does not appear to have an effect on armor class, so I thought it has to do something with magic resistance of some sort. Can anyone point it out for me?
Post edited by AndreaColombo on

Comments

• AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    For example :
    A regular plate armor grants -7 AC (Base AC = 3)
    A +1 plate armor grants -8 AC (Base AC = 2)

That's the difference.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,527
    ... and this is not really a bug, so I'm moving the thread to "Help for new players(no spoilers)".
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    There should be a visible difference in armor class on your character sheet and inventory screen, though. You must be looking at two sets of armor granting the same net AC, with one's enchantment compensating for its naturally lesser power. For example, a regular set of studded leather armor would grant the same AC as an enchanted leather armor +1.

In other words, regardless of the power of the enchantment, the number you're looking at is the AC. The lower, the better. The only reason you'd need to wear weak enchanted armor over stronger unenchanted armor is if the enchantment is particularly powerful, or if your character is so weak that they need lighter armor to remain unencumbered.
  • jfliederjflieder Member Posts: 115
    Also, some classes' abilities are disabled while wearing certain armors. Thieves cannot use their thieving skills while wearing heavier than studded leather, and mages cannot cast mage spells while wearing armor other than robes (if it is a fighter/mage, it would be able to wear non-robe armor).