Skip to content

(Spoilers)Druids in Cloakwood and Jahiera

CragspyderCragspyder Member Posts: 28
In the first map of Cloakwood, you encounter the group of hunters being attacked by druids at their lodge. Jaheira is in my party as the leader. They show up and I tried to negotiate, but they attacked anyways, so I killed them. Their leader, Seniyad, was worth 4000 exp, and when I look at Imoen's stats, he is now the hardest enemy she has killed. Was a very easy fight, but whatever.

However, now I get to the third map of Cloakwood and all the NPC Shadow Druids are attacking me on sight, because I have Jaheira in my party and SHE IS A FOLLOWER OF SENIYAD'S TEACHINGS????

Seniyad being the druid (ARCH-druid, apparently) I just killed two maps ago.

I don't understand. Is there supposed to be dialogue but it is broken? Does Jaheira just not give a crap? Are the Shadow Druids mistaken about who Jaheira follows?

Anyone notice this as well and can help me understand?

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    They hate you because Jaheira isn't a nature worshipping psychopath with no respect for human life. Don't take it personally. Shadow druids are usually evil
  • CragspyderCragspyder Member Posts: 28
    Sure, I get that part. The part that confused me is that Jaheira killed the spiritual leader of her druid sect without so much as a 'hey dude, what's going on'
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122

Sure, I get that part. The part that confused me is that Jaheira killed the spiritual leader of her druid sect without so much as a 'hey dude, what's going on'

I think they are just stereotyping her as in "You are not with us so you must be with our enemies"

• CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    added a spoiler to the title
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2012
    Jaheira is not from the area, so I doubt she was a follower of Seniyad. I think it is more a case of her not believing in the ways of the shadow druids. Seniyad is more just the local leader of the a group of less militant druids, so the shadow druids just assume (without knowing Seniyad is dead) that Jaheira follows him.
    Alright, seems like valid points. Thanks for helping me. And sorry, I thought I had put the Spoiler tag in the title already.
  • tyl998tyl998 Member Posts: 144
    Eh, you're doing Jaheira a favor anyways. In 2e isn't it true you can't advance past a certain druid level without killing another high level druid for the spot?
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    tyl998 said:

Eh, you're doing Jaheira a favor anyways. In 2e isn't it true you can't advance past a certain druid level without killing another high level druid for the spot?

The druid in question can also retire, or they could elect the new leader peacefully with the old one stepping down.
  • Raistlin82Raistlin82 Member Posts: 256
    I was just going to come here and comment about this event.
    I was, sadly, on the receiving end of a one-two combination of bugs that totally ruined my mood.

Ok, I go to Cloakwood, spot the hunter guy, quicksave and talk to the hunter guy. I choose to defend him against the pretentious vegans (being vegan gives you superpowers), because I'm running an evil party. I defeat the druid. Good fight.

Then I notice a little bug. The character circle around Edwin has become the "four triangles thing", like if I was targeting him for something. Funny how EVERY. SINGLE. BUG. ...that I remember from the old game is still here. Way to go, Beamdog!

Anyway, I never learned how to fix it, so I reload the game, which I just quicksaved before the fight. It was quite enjoyable, anyway, and I didn't mind doing it again... maybe even managing to give the "strongest killed" prize to someone else than good ol' Dorn.

But, after reloading, I go speak to the hunter guy... and he won't have it. He just won't talk to me... he says he doesn't need "any more troublemakers around here". What the... ?
    edited December 2012
    This bug happened to me too, but it was because I cast Horror and one of the druid cronies ran away. I couldn't find him so the hunter wouldnt complete the quest. I reloaded, didn't cast Horror, made sure to kill all four druids, and he spoke to me after that. I don't know if you had something like that happen or not, but that's what happened to me.

EDIT: Oh and the company that made Baldur's Gate: EE is Overhaul, not Beamdog. Beamdog is just a distributor, like Steam or Impulse.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited December 2012
    This is one of the few things in Baldur's Gate 1 (as opposed to the second) that is totally stupid.

I'm a BG1 fanboy for sure but there are a LOT of scenarios like this where one of your NPCs should be making a big fuss and they keep entirely quiet. In BGII they fixed that.

Kivan encountering Tazok. Branwen encountering Tranzig. Jaheira with these Druids. The list goes on...
  • Raistlin82Raistlin82 Member Posts: 256
    edited December 2012

I don't know if you had something like that happen or not, but that's what happened to me.

Nope. I reloaded from a quicksave I made BEFORE all of it happened... and the guy just doesn't talk to me anymore.

PS: way to go, Overhaul, then! :P

Post edited by Raistlin82 on
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    I always think this when i pass that area but i always forget later, there's something very strange with the druids in that area, and i don't even mind the poisoned druid in Larswood.

First of all Senyad should be from the peaceful order of druids, still when i meet him at Cloakwood forest if i don't give the asshole answer to Aldeth Sashenstar to let the druids kill him straight (not gonna help you cos they have an alloa vera nice smeel), Senyad attack me. Well... i have seen "Shadow Druids" more nice in these parts you know. Even if Jaheira, that share Senyad's beliefs(maybe not submisse and from the same faction but at least belief in the same philosopy) is in the party he still attacks (she doesn't even have a banter there).

Not gonna mark this as a bug cos it's not one i think, but a little review of this quest should be nice.

Another thing, Senyad (archdruid) and Amarande(shadow archdruid) are both... archdruids. shoudn't the battle against them be epic and optional? with a proper and decent banter way of avoid them of course. If the banter issue can't be helped so be it, but please someone should rewrite those characters to make them proper "ARCHDRUIDS" (should be like fighting an dragon in BG EE those fights).