Skip to content

Possible Neera glitch...

BurpcycleBurpcycle Member Posts: 22
edited November 2012 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
She told me to find Adoy, which I did, and I killed the Red Wizards who teleport in (wish *I* could teleport into places). Adoy then said he'd give me some kind of treasure, and then just disappears. Then Neera automatically starts a conversation about why I rescued her, a conversation we already had. Also - my journal never updates, it still has the "go find Adoy" questline. I also couldn't find that one ranger guy's wife's body.

Anyway - is this supposed to happen? Will it conflict with the Neera romance if it's a glitch?
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• BurpcycleBurpcycle Member Posts: 22
    Bump
  • AthiuenAthiuen Member Posts: 28
    I found Adoy but in the battle with the Red Wizards Neera died. Post resurrection she won't talk to me and the quest is not complete.
  • AurenRavidelAurenRavidel Member Posts: 139
    Yeah, this appears to be a bug. She's supposed to open a new dialogue with your character after Adoy teleports away, but instead just brings up the same conversation you can trigger anytime by talking to her.

The body doesn't seem to cause this, as I had the same issue in a playthrough where I had buried it.
  • FoerthanFoerthan Member Posts: 23
    Furthermore, the item that Adoy gives you is an unidentified girdle. When identified, the girdle is... just a plain girdle. I can't help but think that this is a bug as well.
  • skrissakskrissak Member Posts: 24
    I was in Baldur's gate and some half ling approaches me and blah blahhhh, after I've dealt with him Neera repeats the same conversation where she talks about how she's surprised you let her tag along, the one the can lead to more intimate things ;) but she just keeps repeating that same conversation unless i dismiss her in a bad way then she'll will talk about the half ling.

This is a glitch? does it disrupt the romance?
  • BruciatoBruciato Member Posts: 6
    The same happens to me, even after completing (I think) her personal quest
  • KaldaienKaldaien Member Posts: 17
    On a related note; moose and squirrel, lol!
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    I have the same bug. The quest remains in the journal and the Neera friendship/romance talks are halted.
  • IluvielIluviel Member Posts: 1
    Me too :( a HUGE letdown, because Neera is the only reason I'm playing this. Can't think of a way to get rid of this bug without starting a new game when it's patched and that I probably won't do due to lack of time... Please Beamdog, fix this without needing to start a new game ;_;
    After sleeping in an Inn, after having her quest completed killing the Thay mage, the dialogue finally changed and looks like the romance continues. It was just annoying to have the same conversation over and over again though, I doubt this was intended.
    After I killed the Thay mage where Adoy was, Neera approached me with the same dialog you're getting over and over. BUT! After sleeping @ the inn she approached me with a new dialogue.

I'd like to remember everyone that yeah, the quest seems done, BUT! It also says she needs a flute, so it's probably not completed yet. :-)
  • skrissakskrissak Member Posts: 24
    During that event tho it forces the conversation to start over and over.
  • KaldaienKaldaien Member Posts: 17
    Bruciato said:

I'd like to remember everyone that yeah, the quest seems done, BUT! It also says she needs a flute, so it's probably not completed yet. :-)

I was beginning to think that was a euphamism, and the belt that the wild mage gave was really a chastity belt.

There is another quest in the outside woods, that has you find the location of a murdered woman. I think that quest is bugged too, or I likely did something out of order preventing me from completing it. I did come across a reference to Rocky and Bullwinkle while searching the surrounding area though :)
  • SkiaSkia Member Posts: 25
    I had the same problem with the loop conversation after an encounter in Baldur's Gate. It kept repeating it and I finally did a conversation path which left her in a bit of huff and then the conversation I was supposed to get triggered. After that she wouldn't talk to me. I've progressed nearly to the end and still haven't gotten anything else.
    On a side note I miss the extra banter mod and wish the new NPCs would banter with the other companions.
  • SkiaSkia Member Posts: 25
    I had the same thing except that I had already killed the Thay mage and so far nothing has popped back up despite being near the end.
  • BurpcycleBurpcycle Member Posts: 22
    edited November 2012
    Skia said:

I had the same problem with the loop conversation after an encounter in Baldur's Gate. It kept repeating it and I finally did a conversation path which left her in a bit of huff and then the conversation I was supposed to get triggered. After that she wouldn't talk to me. I've progressed nearly to the end and still haven't gotten anything else.
    On a side note I miss the extra banter mod and wish the new NPCs would banter with the other companions.

This is exactly what's happening to me in Baldur's Gate. A romance talk is trigged over and over again, which I find to be a problem, and the only way to stop it and trigger the correct talk is to insult her and end the romance. I would like to fix this somehow.
    Post edited by Burpcycle on
  • ego1steego1ste Member Posts: 88
    I defeated Thay wizards , Adoy left and got a dialogue with Neera i think i choose 1st option it was something like hey or whatever seems neutral. She didn't talked to me since then (like 4hours of gameplay ago) is it a bug or i just picked a bad line? Also i got belt from Adoy , identified it ,gave it to Neera but it doesn't seem to do anything.
  • MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    I looked in NearInfinity, the belt gives a +30 to saves vs polymorph
    edited November 2012
    Alright I progressed some more in the dialogues with Neera. After leaving Adoy's Enclave she stops repeating the same things over and over andh changes the subject in something more interesting.

The dialogue (really bad lines for my personal taste) go forward, but the quest on the Journal (even if notified in the chat) just doesn't get updated. So you have an update on the Journal but you just can't check it out.
  • netc0rdnetc0rd Member Posts: 6
    I'm stuck in endless dialogue loop as well. I don't dare play onward until this is acknowledged and fixed. Other than that it seems more things are broken in Adoy's enclave: I can't seem to find the body of Rilsa, nor can I talk to Magreb in a comforting manner after I've cleared the camp... Anyone?
  • RomulanPaladinRomulanPaladin Member Posts: 188
    netc0rd said:

I'm stuck in endless dialogue loop as well. I don't dare play onward until this is acknowledged and fixed. Other than that it seems more things are broken in Adoy's enclave: I can't seem to find the body of Rilsa, nor can I talk to Magreb in a comforting manner after I've cleared the camp... Anyone?

Same here. I'm supposing that the skull you find in the cave is supposed to be the quest solution but there is no recognition on the part of Magreb. I'll just dump the skull in a container outside and come back when this gets fixed.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Yeah, looks like this is a glitch. Talk to Neera before you meet the halfling, that might clear the romance talk.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.