Skip to content

Has anyone...

IcecreamtubIcecreamtub Member Posts: 547
edited December 2012 in Off-Topic
Noticed that the Half-Orc portrait, as far as I'm aware, was never used in BG2:SoA? I've always found it strange that it's never been the face of a recruitable npc, or any NPC I've found. Since all those portraits are of party members. Does anyone know why...?

Comments

• MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    I would guess because if you want to play a half orc you still need a picture of a half orc for your character, and there weren't any carried over from BG because you couldn't be that race in the original game.
    Is there a female half orc too? I don't really know the female portraits.
  • IcecreamtubIcecreamtub Member Posts: 547
    edited December 2012
    No, I'm dead-set sure there is no Half-Orc female. That is why I was curious, haha. As there was only one. There are, if I remember correctly, 3 unused Portraits throughout BG? Excluding EE's new pack.
    I think those unused one become used ones, depending on what portrait you pick though, you could see them as a kind of buffer?

Such as.. if you pick the hooded archer, then Kivan becomes the effeminate elf, I'm not so sure on the others.
    For a second I thought you meant a Female Portait on Kivan 0.o Oh, I forgot to count the other ones :[ There's probably... 5, actually?
    edited December 2012
    You know the one, doesn't he have a feather stuck in his ear or something?

I bet that I sound like I don't like this portrait, whereas it's probably my favourite!
    I know exactly which one you mean haha, it's my favourite BG Portrait. I use it a lot :O