Skip to content

Hidden treasures on iPad version

ShadiouShadiou Member Posts: 14
edited December 2012 in iPad (Archive)
Hey all

I'm currently looking for some hidden treasures that I remember from a few years back

The Ring of Wizardry on the The Friendly Arm Inn map. It is definitely still there and the little spot is highlighted but it is too small to effectively tap on the iPad so my poor lil Mage/Thief can't get at it.

I'm wondering if anyone else has managed to pick up some of the hidden loots successfully? I'm on the iPad 3.

Comments

• EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    I too, even with zooming in seem to have frustrations trying (unsuccessfully) picking up those items. Walked past a similar treat in the first zone. Annoying, not game breaking, but picking up jewels off the ground is just as frustrating.
  • enakkienakki Member Posts: 5
    regarding the spoiler, I have been lucky after several tries. maybe 10 tries.. and got it.
  • ShadiouShadiou Member Posts: 14
    Hmm, thanks. I will keep trying or maybe just give up and re-roll as a Sorcerer lol.
    Hopefully this is something the devs fix soon.
  • BigityBigity Member Posts: 98
    I got it and the diamond in the tree. Took a few tries. I also use a stylus so that may help too.
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    I got it on my third attempt. Zoomed all the way in.
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,151
    I have been to get at even the itty bitty spots with my iPad3, but it often does take several tries. This does need to e improved.
  • ST4TICStrikerST4TICStriker Member Posts: 162
    I tried to get for like 5 minutes before I realized you can't pick up items while holding "Hint" :)
    I still can't get it!
    Anyone have a small child with tiny, nimble fingers for sale?
  • davemodavemo Member Posts: 147
    Point and click will always be sketchy on a tablet unless objects are really large. You never know what part of your fingertip will make final contact with the screen.
  • BarryWallisBarryWallis Member Posts: 14
    I have found using a stylus improves my ability to pick up small objects and enter doorways by an order of magnitude.
    Shadiou said:

I still can't get it!
    Anyone have a small child with tiny, nimble fingers for sale?

To be fair, it is also very hard to pick up in the PC edition, in fact, it took me at least 30 clicks on pc where it only took 3 taps on the iPad for the ring...
  • bbakerbbaker Member Posts: 2
    Using a stylus definitely helps. But even with one, I was unable to pick up a certain ring, despite zooming in and repeated attempts. However, if you move a character close enough to what you're trying to pick up and open his/her inventory screen, the item will show up in the "ground" slots, where you would normally drag inventory items to be dropped. That was how I eventually managed to get the ring.
    bbaker said:

Using a stylus definitely helps. But even with one, I was unable to pick up a certain ring, despite zooming in and repeated attempts. However, if you move a character close enough to what you're trying to pick up and open his/her inventory screen, the item will show up in the "ground" slots, where you would normally drag inventory items to be dropped. That was how I eventually managed to get the ring.

Whoa!
    Does this work consistently with loot?
    If it does, it makes picking up loot from fallen enemies a whole lot easier...

Can't wait to try this when I get home from work, or even in my lunch break... I've brought my iPad with me to work in the hope of stolen moments in the Forgotten Realms... :)
    Managed to get it today with about 30+ attempts, meanwhile I had forgotten that it is pointless for Sorcerer characters lol.
    Bytebrain said:

bbaker said:

Whoa!

Can't wait to try this when I get home from work, or even in my lunch break... I've brought my iPad with me to work in the hope of stolen moments in the Forgotten Realms... :)
    Yep, this works consistently, just move your characters to stand on whatever it is you want to pick up.

Shadiou said:

Bytebrain said:

bbaker said:

Whoa!

Yep, this works consistently, just move your characters to stand on whatever it is you want to pick up.

Nope, doesn't work for me...
    I have to tap until the loot window pops up....
  • kiwiskittles852kiwiskittles852 Member Posts: 2
    For me, even having somewhat small fingers, it was really difficult for the first area and second. I've also noticed that when I try to pick up the items from an enemy I just killed, it's actually at the lowest spot that I have to click, It is easiest using a stylus, I went out and bought one just for the game, and for me, it's easier to play it now. But if you have troubles getting an item and you know you are clicking on the center of it, try going to the very bottom of the item and you might be successful with getting it a bit easier. As the game goes on for me, the easier it is for me to pick things up. So, good luck.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Shadiou said:

Managed to get it today with about 30+ attempts, meanwhile I had forgotten that it is pointless for Sorcerer characters lol.

Hahaha, made my day =)
    Bytebrain said:

Shadiou said:

Bytebrain said:

bbaker said:

Whoa!

Nope, doesn't work for me...
    I have to tap until the loot window pops up....

Hmm. You have to position the character directly on top of the loot. Try putting all your characters on top of the loot and then looking in the inventory screen.

@Shadiou

Well, I'll try that next time I play, but the workaround with "Select party, Pause, try looting until one reticle appears" works tremendously good for me, so it's sort of a moot point for me now. :)

But thank you anyway, for responding. :-)
  • WolfheartWolfheart Member Posts: 170
    Shadiou said:

Double lvl 1 spells available is not pointless :P Works fine on pc ver on my sorc
  • misharsenalmisharsenal Member Posts: 30

The select party option mentioned by @Bytebrain is great - makes movement, exiting/entering areas/houses extremely tolerable until a patch addresses the core issue.

For picking up loot, generally it's easier and faster for me to stand near the dead enemy and go to my inventory screen. The grounds "inventory" will show up (like a container) and you can easily take all the good stuff into your backpack. I learned this method on these forums