Skip to content

Gender "BOTH" gender.ids

ArcticArctic Member Posts: 76
So , i was looking in the game files , and the gender one has some option like, niether or both.

Someone knows if this is really used by the game ¿? , maybe for romance cheating¿?

Comments

• ArcticArctic Member Posts: 76
    I see for example neera script looks for male, but dont know if selecting both, will send a true for male and female , or it will react only if the player has its variable at both
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    edited December 2012
    Most romances are actually keyed on the sex field, not gender. (edit: Specifically, the MALE/FEMALE you mention in script checks is looking at sex, not gender.)

I've really only seen both (5) used for celestials. Genders are actually used by the game for some non-obvious uses--gender is how the game controls the number of summons, for example, and how dispel eliminates illusionary creatures.
  • LaughingManLaughingMan Member Posts: 65
    edited December 2012
    @CamDawg That is both interesting and bizarre.

Still, I'm tempted to play with the Both and Either genders, just to see if anything interesting happens.

I'm 99% certain nothing interesting will happen though, and that any sex-change effect will end up crashing the game or do nothing at all.
  • ArcticArctic Member Posts: 76
    @CamDawg
    i think you are wrong , you can just look at shadowkeeper , going to gender , and you can select, male , female , neither , both .... still dont know if it works

About removing romance limitations, it seams that with deleting the check lines from the script should work . I will test for bugs but shouldent be any

@LaughingMan
    I want to test it too xDD
  • LaughingManLaughingMan Member Posts: 65
    @Arctic I imaging that modding the romance to be open to all would be easy enough. I just don't know how often the protagonist's male gender is referred to in the course of it. That was the issue in BG2, you could make the romances available to the same gender, but the dialog and voice acting made the experience terribly disjointed as they constantly mentioned the main character's intended gender.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Arctic said:

@CamDawg
    i think you are wrong , you can just look at shadowkeeper , going to gender , and you can select, male , female , neither , both .... still dont know if it works

Well, I'm half wrong, which is what I get for going from memory. Gender does indeed check gender, not sex. That being said, gender BOTH will not return true unless the gender trigger is specifically looking for BOTH--it will return false for MALE or FEMALE checks.

If you want to make Neera romance females, change your female's gender to male or eliminate the gender triggers from her dialogues and script.
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    It'd probably be easiest to pull the triggers from her dialog.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    Doing so at the moment, for those interested ==> http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/198846/#Comment_198846