Skip to content

Crazy Party

BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
I'm finally realising my dream of playing through Baldur's Gate with a party of lunatics, and I am looking for suggestions as to whom I should choose to bring with me.

My main character is a CN Dwarven Fighter/Thief named Glendar, with decent charisma but shameful intelligence and wisdom. The rest of the party will likely be mostly spellcasters, and probably mostly chaotic characters. Not everyone has to be entirely crazed; just a little bit out of sorts - like Xan - is fine too. First of all I decided on Xzar (a no-brainer, isn't it?), who I'm going to dual-class to Cleric as soon as possible, and the rest of the candidates are as follows.

* Neera
* Garrick (his love of life is insane)
* Xan
* Quayle
* Faldorn
* Tiax
* Kivan (because I might not do too good without a second warrior)
* Shar-Teel

Ideas?

"Smiles, everyone, smiles! This is like some great fantasy!"
Post edited by Basillicum on

Comments

• MurrayConfederacyMurrayConfederacy Member Posts: 188
    CHARNAME must be a Two-handed sword wielding Jester. 'tis the only way! Also Shar-teel is chaotic evil and since Tiax and Xzar are crazy she could very well be too - at least she fits a lot better than Kivan and is a warrior.
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    @MurrayConfederacy - I thought about Shar-Teel, but I've used her quite a lot before. Might end up having her in the party this time as well anyway, I guess. She's a better fit, I know. :)

A Jester as main character would be perfect, haha. :D
  • doomdoomdoomdoomdoomdoom Member Posts: 89
    Edwin doesn't really belong in that list.
    And you forgot the biggest loon of all - Minsc.
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    edited December 2012

Edwin doesn't really belong in that list.
    And you forgot the biggest loon of all - Minsc.

I suppose you're right about Edwin.

When it comes to Minsc he has been in my parties my entire life. I'm looking for a change. UPDATE: He got a little angry when my character made it clear that he wasn't going to waste his time rescuing Dynaheir.
    Post edited by Basillicum on
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    You'll have a lot of spell power in that party, no need for extra meat shields.
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    edited December 2012
    If you need a meaty guy, Minsc is way crazier than Kivan. Skie is crazy in the "low self-esteem, abused woman" sort of way.

Also, Garrick isn't nuts :(