Skip to content

Allow Dual Class at Character Creation (BG2 EE)

I would like to have the option to have a Dual Class pc that already regains his abilities from the first class at the gecko of bg2 and tob. It should be a slider system so you can maximize exp gain per level and can choose how many levels to assign for the first class and the second class.

Comments

• IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    I actually quite like this idea, though, most good dual classing for BG2 comes after the level BG2 creates the character at. The main reason you would go earlier is to benefit in BG1.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    edited December 2012
    I like this idea. I've always thought of dual-classing as incredibly tedious and haven't really used it much but with something like this there's tons more characters I'd be trying out. I approve :)
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    Wait, gecko? I'd love to see Geckos in my BG series!
  • ioanguioangu Member Posts: 12
    A very good idea.
  • kilroy_was_herekilroy_was_here Member Posts: 455
    Rather than revamp the character generation system to allow this, it would probably be much simpler to allow you to create a BG2 character at level 1 but with the same xp you normally start with so you can level/dual-class manually once the game starts. That was the path taken in expansions of other BW games (NWN comes to mind).
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    I guess that only works if you level up, you only gain one level at a time.