Skip to content

5 Player Session - Crash

VoidSorcererVoidSorcerer Member Posts: 33
So has anyone actually be able to run a game with 5 or 6 players? My friends and I have been able to run a session with up to four players - though it doesn't last long before the game crashes or one of the players crashes hard. We attempted to create a five player session last night and we couldn't even get the game to begin before it crashed. All players were eventually able to join - the game crashed twice while players were joining - but then the game crashed immediately when the host selected to start.

So I'm curious, has anyone had success with more than four players in a session?

Also, our host after a crash or two receives a blank white screen whenever he attempts to start the game (BG:EE) on his system. (Not start a multiplayer session, just start BG:EE on his computer) He is then forced to reset his laptop all together before the game will open to actually run without a blank screen. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is the a solution the community has discovered?

Comments

• majinsnakemajinsnake Member Posts: 113
    edited December 2012
    Use a pc to host. Not a laptop. Nice job in surpassing me of testing the player limits in multiplayer. Laptops are still buggy. I don't think the intel graphics got fixed yet.
    Post edited by majinsnake on
  • VoidSorcererVoidSorcerer Member Posts: 33
    @majinsnake

I'll look into hosting the game on a desktop and see if that resolves the issue. (Now I just need to find a desktop and configure it right w/ ports and what-not) Thanks for the suggestion.

As for surpassing you in players, what can I say? -I'm a boss! Truely though, the only reason I purchased BG:EE was so that my friends/family (All of whom are long term and HUGE fans of this game could get back together and play online w/ a new and improved system. -anticlimactic right?

Overall, I'm hoping Beamdog gets these issues resolved quickly. (My own personal beliefe is their management should look into resolving the issues on PC before they continue work on the MAC/tablets/androids, etc. I know deadlines are probably nailing them hard in the face.....but launching a functional product the first launch would probably solve a lot of issues in the long run. They are just digging themselves an even bigger hole trying to format a bugged system to tablets/smartphones and making their future lives more painful.

Oh, well, who am I to say?
    majinsnake
  • MalbortusMalbortus Member Posts: 106
    As I understand, most of the code is platform independent, so fixing a bug on one platform should fix it for all.

Anyway, are you submitting your crash dumps to help with diagnostics and fixes?
  • VoidSorcererVoidSorcerer Member Posts: 33
    @Malbortus

Yes, I am faithfully gathering my info for them and submitting. :)
    Malbortus