Skip to content

Cities & Towns : house entering

On the Ipad, I am having trouble figuring out what buildings in a town or city I can actually enter. Most of the entrances are covered by the rooftops.

On a pc you can hover your mouse over a building and search for an entrance. Can't do this on IOS becuase you can't hover over anything. Also, the item reveal only reveals entrances where there are actual doors.

Does anyone have tips on how to make this easier? It would be nice if a future patch would show entrances too buildings without doors using the item reveal button. Thanks

Comments

• BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    Select your entire party and pause the game.
    Then tap on the rooftop until only a single target indicator shows. That means you've hit the hidden door.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    Good news, Trent's posted to the Known Bugs thread that an update will be coming (it's in testing now) that they're going to produce what they're calling "smart tap" which will detect objects and entry points around where you're tapping and "select" those areas instead of just moving your character.
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    That sounds like a great solution!
    Thanks for starting the Known Bugs thread @lllydth , it's great to have a place to collect them all, especially new members of the site.
    It may prevent (more than usual) multiple threads on the same issues. :)
  • TokaidoTokaido Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    I'm having a similar problem. I can't seem to enter any buildings at all.

I just started the game on iPad, and I was able to enter 2 or 3 buildings before I was "locked out." I can open the doors, and tap on the entryway, but my character just walks into the door frame and stands there.

I've tried going back and forth, multiple times, but that doesn't seem to be helping at all.

I'm a party of 1, so it's not because I'm leaving members behind. I also don't have any adverse status effects what would hinder movement.

This makes the game pretty much unplayable... any suggestions? Any idea when that "smart tap" patch will be comming out?

EDIT: I apologize, I found a thread further in subforum that answers my question. I just had trouble finding it earlier. Thanks anyways!