Skip to content

[Portraits] Baldur's Gate: The Gathering (M:TG portraits for BG:EE) v1.4

sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
edited December 2012 in Fan Creations
I'm a huge fan of M:TG and love how beautiful a lot of the artwork is. I actually have like 3.5 gigs of space on my harddrive devoted to hi-res images of every M:TG card ever released so I was going to browse through them and make some BG Portraits out of them.

I figure and easy place to start with with the more iconic characters in the last few sets, the Planeswalkers.

Note: Photobucket turns every .bmp into a .png so you'll need to change the format to run them in-game.

ADDED PICTURES HISTORY:
12/13/2012: Syncopate
previously: the rest.
---------------------------------------------
Jace Beleren (specifically the Memory Adept version, drawn by D. Alexander Gregory)

Medium and Small versions.

Recommended class: Jace is all about thought control so I'd say Enchanter utilizing tons of charm spells and control magic.

Lilliana Vess (specifically Lilianna of the Veil from the Innistrad block, drawn by Steve Argyle)

Medium and small versions.

Recommended class: Necromancer, because I mean really.

Garruck Wildspeaker (artist: Aleski Briclot)

Recommend class: He's gotta be a ranger or I guess possible a fighter/druid. If it was 3rd edition, I'd say Chaotic Neutral or True Neutral but you're kind of stuck into going a good alignment because AD&D and making sense do not go together.

Elspeth Tirel (artist: Michael Komark, who I might add is incredibly talented.)

This one isn't quite as good quality so I apologize.

Chandra Naalar (specifically Chandra, Firebrand drawn by D. Alexander Gregory. Website is already linked next to the Jace picture)

Recommended class: Sorcerer and you're not allowed to use any spells that don't deal fire damage. Deal?

Gideon Jura (Sorry, I actually don't know who drew this one. I don't know what card it's from. This particular image I know was used as one of the splash backgrounds in Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012, but I don't know who to give credit)

Recommended class: Gideon is a soldier's soldier. Fighter or paladin would fit perfectly.

"Diabolic Tutor" by Greg Staples

Recommended Class: "Sandman." YEAH? YEAH? SEE WHAT I DID THERE?

Odric, Master Tactician (picture by Michael Komarck, whom also did the Elspeth Tirel image)

"Syncopate" as drawn by Clint Cearley

Post edited by sandmanCCL on

Comments