Skip to content

Multiplayer game - Rejecting Imoen

I'm playing a solo multiplayer game in which I control all six custom-made characters. Right after leaving Candlekeep, however, Imoen wants to join my party and I don't know how to reject her. The screen waits until I choose one of my characters to remove, which I don't want to do. Any suggestions?

Comments

• BenjaminBenjamin Member Posts: 39
    You can select imoen & she will leave
  • SgthawkerSgthawker Member Posts: 31
    edited December 2012
    @Benjamin There will be no Imoen available to remove in a full 6 member party.

@MikeMcGuire Perhaps remove another member, allow Imoen, then remove Imoen and readmiss the original member. Most NPCs will remain where dismissed, and are available to readmiss. I am not sure about your own made party members, so be sure to use a save game as close to leaving the keep as possible.
    Post edited by Sgthawker on
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    Perhaps you could zap her with the kill-code before she reaches your PC? I think it's ctrl-y, never used it. I don't think killing her would have an impact on your game.
  • Arabus13Arabus13 Member Posts: 102
    I did not have that issue with my custom party. When she approached and the dialogue started, I choose the option that sent her away. In any event, when you get to the "remove a character" selection screen, just choose her portrait and click remove.
  • Why not run away from her? Nothing worthy a fortune in that location, so run as fast as possible :D
  • H0RSEH0RSE Member Posts: 115

I'm playing a solo multiplayer game in which I control all six custom-made characters. Right after leaving Candlekeep, however, Imoen wants to join my party and I don't know how to reject her. The screen waits until I choose one of my characters to remove, which I don't want to do. Any suggestions?

When she first talks to you, you can choose to tell her you don't want her to join you. Also, if you are prompted to remove a party member, just pick her portrait and remove her.

• PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Move East rapidly at the beginning of the Chapter, as soon as possible, and she will fall into the fog of war before she activates and walks towards you.
  • MikeMcGuireMikeMcGuire Member Posts: 10
    There is no time to do that; she appears before I even get control of the party after the cutscene. Thanks for trying, though...
    To Horse: Even if you tell her no, she joins your party anyway. Also, she has no portrait to remove. Thanks for trying, though.
    Oops, I stand corrected; I found Imoen's portrait. Thanks for your help for, and patience with, a newbie...