Skip to content

Fix the "bald" bug

I am not sure if this has been addressed before but in character creation you might choose a portrait of a character that is bald (as in the first male fighter) but when you select the appearance there is hair color and there doesn't appear to be a good bald option so the character automatically appears to have hair. This should be fixed in my opinion.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    edited December 2012
    Not really a bug, just and oversight, and it was in the original game (and its sequels). I recall Minsc having white hair.

Best work around I can think of is for allowing more colour options so you can pick skin and hair colour that match.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2012
    RedGuard said:

Not really a bug, just and oversight, and it was in the original game (and its sequels). I recall Minsc having white hair.

Best work around I can think of is for allowing more colour options so you can pick skin and hair colour that match.

You can do so with shadowkeeper currently. Its not a perfect solution by any stretch, but it is less glaring.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/7205/getting-shadowkeeper-to-work-with-bgee
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    edited December 2012
    It's always been like that and is so meaningless thing I'd rather not have them spend time on it.

Edit: If it bothers you so much OP use a helmet or hooded robe to hide the top of the head and pretend his bold underneath it. :)
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    Agreed @elminster

Though there is a thread in the request forum asking for a wider array of colour choices or at least access to those accessible through Shadowkeeper. Shadowkeeper should be fine enough for choosing a hair colour that matches skin colour, however for anything more fancy it can prove to be problematic or just tedious since some colours are bugged and choosing between them (even without crashing the game) would mean quitting BG:EE, loading up a save in Shadowkeeper and editing and saving that edit every time.
  • nptitimnptitim Member Posts: 111
    It doesn't bother me personally too much and my guy almost always wears a helmet anyway. If it is a tough fix then I am just mentioning this so that in BG3 or whatever comes next they can fix it at that point in time.