Skip to content

Your favorite fights in BG:EE

I know everyone likes BG for its story and battles in differing proportions, but I wanted to hear which fights everyone else found most exciting/stimulating.

Comments

• Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Mostly the black pit fights against enemy parties.
  • AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416
    One of, if not my favourite fights in BG1/BG:EE is still the final battle with Sarevok.
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    I admit that I really enjoyed the fights for Rasaad's quest line (when I could finally find the %&#$ zone), even the generic ice trolls in the wilderness. I had a mostly non-caster party, and my only sources of fire were:

1) Wand of Flamestrike, or whatever it's called, with Jaheira
    2) Potion of Explosions
    3) Oil of Fiery Burning

It felt good to finally have a reason to hoard them for so long! Also, the fights in the temple were fun, but not so tough that I ended up disliking the fight.
  • BaccaBacca Member Posts: 10
    Not really a fight (and I can't really remember if it is in BG1 or 2) but I really loved talking to "Elminster" who turned out to be a Doppelganger. It takes a long time to crack him but eventually he goes.

I've just returned to Candlekeep in my first playthrough of BGEE so I expect to see that fight around here if indeed it is in BG1.
  • Slaya5Slaya5 Member Posts: 15
    1) An Iron Throne party ( Iron throne HQ )
    2) A party from Undermountains ( Blade and stars? atleast i think so )
    3) Fight with an assasin party at caves below Candlekeep (its damn hard)
    4) Final battle with Sarevok
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    I always considered the Iron Throne party at the top of their HQ to be the moment that the series tells you "Hey, remember all those challenging fights you've had up till now? They were warm-ups. This is Baldur's Gate. Enjoy." Of course, in my latest playthrough I wiped the floor with them on my first try, so maybe that was a unique experience when I was younger.

I very much liked the final encounter of Dorn's quest, it was set up well and executed nicely. I just wish it had been a bit tougher.
  • DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
    With Drizzt!
    The first hit landed with the Mace+1 25% stun :-)))
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Drasus' party (at Cloakwood mines) is one of the most dynamic fights , in my opinion.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Davaeorn is a rude awakening for unexperienced players too. 'What oh where is he, wtf fireball how did he? aaah lightninging!?! Help! run away! nooo gaaah!... reload.' I love this battle. :)
  • Slaya5Slaya5 Member Posts: 15
    Davaeorn is imho weak boss for sucha dungeon the cloakwood mines are. Never had problems with this one even on insane. Imho every enemy not in party is just annoying. Its just for me. No offence :)
  • BISHDPBISHDP Member Posts: 19
    Just about any fight with another party. The four lady bounty hunters after the Nashkel mines. The party at the Cloakwood mines. The party at the top of the Iron Throne. The new fight for Neera's quest when you save Adoy (That one set me back on my heels at first). The party right before Sarevok in the undercity. Especially if it is your first time and don't know that they are there. Good fights.