Skip to content

Video Resolution Aspect Ratio

DarksDarks Member Posts: 2
edited September 2012 in Site Resources
I’m a little concerned about how this game is going to look on a larger wide screen monitor. What kind of resolution are we going to have and importantly, when using a higher rez, are the characters on screen going to look micro miniature? I’m really looking forward to the game. I played the original game years ago, I recently installed and played this game from my original disk and everything looked so small. That’s my main concern. I don’t want everything looking tiny. Is or has the game been brought up to a point where the chars on screen will look norm sized on the larger monitors?

BTW, what is Coop like for the game too? 4 players still?
Post edited by Coriander on
Samiel

Comments

• WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    Yeah I never used the widescreen mod because it made the UI and the characters TINY.

The reason for this is because a new UI would need to be used for every size in order to stay scaled correctly. Because every size borrows the same UI, it will just get smaller as you boost up.

Now I've designed UIs in the past for games and the only way I know to scale the same UI to the right size for all resolutions without making a separate one for each is to design one which tiles itself.

The UI has to be set to take up X amount of the screen, the UI background can then be tiled over this area as it gets bigger (buttons and writing would have to be adjusted accordingly).