Skip to content

Crazy lag whenever there's too much going on

OoglioknacktidOoglioknacktid Member Posts: 4
edited December 2012 in Fixed
I know the issue is partly due to my computer - it does this with other games as well - but whenever there's too much going on in-game (eg heaps of spells being cast) BG2 lags to the extent where everything slows to a crawl. This is especially noticeable in dragon fights - I can literally do nothing because the game slows down so much.

Are there any patches settings I should use (I've mucked around with bg2config, but nothing much has happened)?

I'm pretty sure I'm on my last dragon fight for the game so I might just endure the pain one more time :P
Post edited by AndreaColombo on

Comments

• AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    This has been fixed in BG:EE (and will therefore not be an issue in BG2:EE since they share the same engine). In BG2 there really isn't much you can do about it: The only time in which that didn't happen to me was when I played on my father's MacPro computer with two Xeon processors...
  • OoglioknacktidOoglioknacktid Member Posts: 4
    Ok, thanks. I managed to endure the black dragon fight and went on to kill Irenicus. A different bug made him invincible, but unresponsive - so I had to fight him twice :(
    But at least it's all over now :)
  • DiscoCatDiscoCat Member Posts: 73
    edited December 2012
    In software mode this is pretty much unavoidable, even with a modern CPUs. With hardware acceleration enabled in BGConfig the issue is much less pronounced and with BGEE it is non-existent.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    I'm moving this to Fixed since it has been fixed in BG:EE already.