Skip to content

Mod to see the names of the npcs

Well my only problem and a big one it's that I can't see the npc names if i dont drag the cursor over them and wait like 5 seconds, that is really bad! Is there any way that i can use a key and just highlight all the names of the npc that are in the screen the same you do with the objects with the tab key?
Enter a place having all the ncp moving all around having to place the cursor above them to see their names and most of them are not important is just annoying!
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• MikkelMikkel Member Posts: 86
    edited December 2012
    Well you can press Tab while hovering over an NPC to instantly show it's name

Edit (just checked it's still in there), you can also use the Tooltip Delay slider in the settings.
  • gastonarggastonarg Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2012
    If you set the tooltip delay in 0 (all to the left) the game starts to bug, the menu will start to glitch and the sound will go crazy, it doesn't set the delay only for the info on the objects or the things in the game but in the menus and in the in games menu to so i cant use it.
    Pressing tab yes it makes the names appear more quickly but still it will be better if just pressing tab will highlight all the npc names on the screen, is a feature that most of rpg have and it's a must, if I remember right BG1 when it came out didnt even have the highlight items button that was implemented in BG2
  • MikkelMikkel Member Posts: 86
    I disagree that it's "a must", but you're of course perfectly entitled to think so :)
  • gastonarggastonarg Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2012
    Well you are right everything is personal but there are certain things that should be on any rpg, you can play it without them but it will make it harder and not in a good way, waisting time just searching for a character is silly and can be easily solved, like making annotation in the map, a good rpg need this features. Is not a dungeon crawler where the fun of the game it's in making the map by hand for example, so why it is not implemented?
    Selling quest items etc again it's not a must nothing is a must if you think about it not even the save feature...but it should be there if you dont want it dont use.