Skip to content

Pre-order bonus

I'm sure this has been asked before, but couldn't come up with proper wording in search to find the discussion. What was the special bonus that was promised to those who pre-ordered. Thanx

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    I think there's some confusion here, or Trent may have misspoke - it's not that only people who pre-ordered will get an extra bonus, but rather than with the additional time we've added some things that we weren't going to add. Unfortunately they're both not yet finished, but one will be going out as an announced feature in a post-release updates, and the other will be going out as a super secret (but really cool) easter egg in one of the post-release updates. -PhillipDaigle

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/137732/#Comment_137732
  • ArturArtur Member Posts: 35
    edited December 2012
    I'd be disappointed if they actually released content for pre-order users only.
    You already got the game 10% off and a badge. Be content (no pun intended).
  • DarkcloudDarkcloud Member Posts: 302
    Exclusive content would suck but the first paid DLC free would be nice.
  • GoForTheEyesBooGoForTheEyesBoo Member Posts: 97
    edited December 2012
    "misspoke" otherwise known as "spoke clearly but said something that may or may not be true but we don't want to acknowledge it, so let's pretend it's the receivers of the message who 'don't get it' "

That being said, I would have said the same if I was in their position. The difference being I would have said what it is or not said anything (if the surprise was nothing). There was no 'misspeaking' (it was a Tweet I believe).

It was quite clear, that people who preordered would get something special for the delay. I don't care if we do get it, however for those who would say that we are acting entitled, they are 'missinformed' :)

I don't care if there is something or not but saying they 'misspoke' isn't a response I like to hear. It's dishonest and insults the intelligence of the reader.
  • ShadowWolfShadowWolf Member Posts: 33
    i remember getting an email about this, wonder if we'll get anything bonus for the time that we waited, id be happy but its not like ill die because we didnt get anything extra
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    @GoForTheEyesBoo It does indeed sound a little like what those War Z guys told their community, shortly before Valve removed their game from Steam.

That being said, I hope Overhaul cook something up over Christmas and serve it to us next year.
  • paradigmofheavenparadigmofheaven Member Posts: 12
    I'm glad at the amount of support that Beamdog is giving this game with frequent patches and now the promise of new content.
    It is a refreshing change from the usual, and it speaks highly of a company that cares about its playerbase.
  • baaddarebaaddare Member Posts: 145
    I thought perhaps that since the new party NPC's are also listed in the store that we got them for free as the bonus.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    No, those NPCs were always going to be free for the PC version. Dorn and Neera are DLCs for the iPad to make up for its lower price.
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    Nukenin gets a like just cause his response made me laugh.