Skip to content

Game freezes on first scene

Just after character creation, when Candlekeep appears, my game freezes (but I can force exit with no problem). I can see everything on the screen, but nothing moves. I waited for few minutes to be sure if it's not just my crappy, yet acceptable, specs in action (Pentium 4 3GHZ, Geforce 5950 Ultra 256mb, 1GB RAM), but it didn't get better. I looked over some of the most common issues and their fixes on this board, but it didn't help me. Also I didn't find anyone with exactly the same problem as mine. Any suggestions?

Comments

• EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    I have a similar computer to yours and I keep freezing after a short while playing, but I can't Ctrl Alt Del out it forces me to manually reboot

256mb Radeonx600
    3gb ram
    3.0ghz processor
  • CashCash Member Posts: 3
    Bump. Anyone..? It's kind of persisting problem.
  • KrantorKrantor Member Posts: 4
    I have exactly the same problem!!! Usign a Pentium 4 3.2GHz , Geforce FX5500 256MB, 1GB RAM.

Please some help!!!!
    Come on... 12 days without any answer?? :(
  • jhohen03jhohen03 Member Posts: 1
    Same problem. Need answer.
    Please some help!
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Have you tried e-mailing support@beamdog.com? It is hard for the community to help in this kind of situation.
  • DurlachionDurlachion Member Posts: 82
    And describe what you already tried from the solutions that worked for at least some people.
  • CashCash Member Posts: 3
    I have checked this thread before posting, obviously. And none of these issues matches my problem, that's why I posted my case in the first place. The only thing that I found somewhat similar, was when they suggested changing resolution via the ini file to fix the low performance issue. Tried that, didn't help.
    Well, I guess I'll try emailing the tech support, thanks for the suggestion, I actually didn't think about it at all. Thanks for the responses anyway :)
    Hi to all,

Finally I solved this problem:

- Reinstalling the game with the beamdog client
    - Modifying the .ini file :

'Graphics', 'OpenGL Version', '1'

... at the last line. Important to do it with WORDPAD... if not you will probably mistake.

Anyway, I think that this has been now added with new uptdate

Thanks to all.