Skip to content

Total Modding?

roxioroxio Member Posts: 9
Okk. let's talk... talk about modding... Two questions;

What is different between BG1 TIS file & BGEE TIS file ?
What is new file format .PVRZ ?

Comments

• CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    Is a whole new can of worms:( Its a DXT format image file that is now tied to a nearly blank TIS. The latest DLTCEP will read it, but with errors. @Avenger_teambg is working on getting areas to compile. Will take some time.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    edited December 2012
    I would recommend item description bmps as a starter :D
    pvrz is totally difficult. As Cuv wrote, you can display it (with some errors) but no creation yet.

pvrz itself is gzip compressed pvr. First long is the uncompressed length, then gzip blob.

.tis tile data just references pvrz files in 12 byte entries. first dword is an index, that is followed by a coordinate in the pvr texture.
  • roxioroxio Member Posts: 9
    ya, i see, we need wait to another dltcep updates. however, this PVRZ files still intrigues me... no one heard about "special" decompresor.... i tested most of available solutions but nothing work :(
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    That is cool.
  • roxioroxio Member Posts: 9
    Durlachion ! U R my hero!
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    @Durlachion Very handy!!! Works! Problems with custom area bmps though, not the fault of the program:) Works very well for existing. Made a little .bat to do it for me as I hate actually opening cmd prompts!

Would it be possible for you to compile a seperate one that packs to PVRZ? Much like the TISPack and TISUnpack. This one you can drag a pvrz onto it, and it will convert to bmp. One for the reverse would be awesome. So a PVRZPack.exe and a PVRZUnpack (which this already does easily).

Better get the attention of @Avenger_teambg to see if this can be incorporated into DLTCEP. If not, its small enough to ship with mods.
  • DurlachionDurlachion Member Posts: 82
    @Cuv,
    It *should* already pack it to .pvrz if the input file is a .bmp. Maybe I missunderstood you?

You could even do something like:
    pvrz.exe "AR3300*.bmp" "AR3200*.pvrz"
    that would result in a compression of all AR3300 files and a decompression of all AR3200 files
    edited December 2012
    Well, my problem is not pvrz to bmp. But pvrz to 'original internal format'. which is tis/wed.
    Of course the solution for me would be to convert pvrz to bmp and then load the bmp as if it was a tileset (i already have this on=the-fly conversion). But then, an area is sometimes made up from several pvrz files which would still need to be glued together.

This method is good to modify area graphics, and i will likely add a pvrz->bmp->prvz converter which will basically do this. But that wouldn't help editing area stuff (like wallgroups).
    Durlachion: have you tested if you could use a single pvrz for large areas?
    Got any motivation to also generate the tis file for the pvrz?