Skip to content

Get Custom Scripts Working

MikeMastersMikeMasters Member Posts: 141
edited December 2012 in General Modding
So im trying to get the BG2 Solaufein mod's auto-buff scripts working (http://weidu.org/main.html#install). I extract the archive and pull out the 2 compiled scripts (.bs files), put them into the scripts directory (program files/beamdog), can see the scripts within the game but when i set them nothing happens (my character just sits there, none of the hot keys work). What am I doing wrong? Do I need to recompile them from the source? Put them in an override folder?
Post edited by Cuv on

Comments

• LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    Well, they *are* made for BG2. It's possible they won't work without significant changes in BG:EE.
  • horredtheplaguehorredtheplague Member, Developer Posts: 186
    Best way to find out is to try compiling the source BAF, if available. You can also take a look at the .bs files in Near Infinity...if something looks really wrong, it's probably broken.

I can confirm from the BP series that Hotkeys and auto-buffing via hotkey does work in BGEE, so it's not that. Scripting code has changed very little thus far. Most likely, your text lines are off &/or missing files.
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    Moving this to modding:)
  • MikeMastersMikeMasters Member Posts: 141
    @horredtheplague do you have any auto-buffing via hotkey scripts you would like to share? :)
  • horredtheplaguehorredtheplague Member, Developer Posts: 186
    @MikeMasters -- I released the BP Series Party AI for BGEE mod about 2 weeks ago, and it's available for download in the Spellhold Studios BGEE section. The hotkey buffing functions weren't geared for during-battle use (there's no checks for enemies of this/that type), but are intended for prior to battle. You can toggle between long/medium/short duration. There's also buff support for during-battle in the script body, just not hotkey-oriented. The latter checks combat conditions just like an attack spell would.