Skip to content

just installed and its really slow gamplay

sarahgriffiths_sdgsarahgriffiths_sdg Member Posts: 3
edited January 2013 in Windows PC (Archive)
takes forever just to walk to the corner of the room. i dunno if its just my laptop or what. im pretty computer illiterate, someone say something helpful, please :)
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • just tried that and it didnt work. got anything else for me?
  • RiolathelRiolathel Member Posts: 330
    it might have something to do with the specs on your computer..

I personally have no clue but i'm sure someone here can help if they knew a little bit more
  • EcthelionEcthelion Member Posts: 61
    It would be good to know your graphical card.

If you have windows seven, you can use the search in the start menu by typing 'Device Manager', and once there you check what is in the Graphical card section.

For example, in my case i can see :

Intel(R) HD Graphics
    NVIDIA GeForce 310M

If you have a NVIDIA card, the problem have already been encountered and here is a way to fix it :
    http://netbooknetwork.net/2010/force-nvidia-processor-on-specific-programs-for-laptops-with-nvidia-optimus/

Otherwise, maybe there is a similar way to force BGEE to run with your graphical card and not the integrated graphics.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited December 2012
    @sarahgriffiths_sdg

If what @Ecthelion said does not help you and you see that you have Intel GMA or HD graphis, try this.

There are two fixes that may help. They've improved the framerate quite considerably on a test system I have.

The first one is setting your OpenGL to version 1 for the game.

To do this, completely close out of BG:EE. Find the baldur.ini file in your My Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\, right click baldur.ini-> Open-with Wordpad (don't use notepad). Scroll down until you find the 'graphics' section and input this (copy and paste):

'Graphics', 'OpenGL Version', '1',

You may also want to change framerate back to 30 (default)

Then press save on Wordpad.

Now Open Windows Explorer (the Yellow folder) and go to Computer->C:\->Program Files (x86)->Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition->data->00766-> and find baldur.exe. Right click->Properties->Compatibility Check box to run game in compatibility mode and choose Windows 95.
  • thanks @Ecthelion, but i dont think i have that graphics card.

@bigdogchris where exactly should i paste it? i put it in and now the game wont open, im getting an error message. i know its in graphics, but should i put it directly after graphics?
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited December 2012
    OK, close the game and delete baldur.ini (it will be recreated automatically).

Switch baldur.exe to Windows 95 compatibility mode and try that. If the game still doesn't play well then try the graphic option setting.

To do that:

Go back to baldur.ini and open with Wordpad. You'll see window, a bunch of game options, then graphics hardware mouse cursor. Put a space under the graphics option, then paste in the part I told you earlier about OpenGL. If it puts a space in after that, just delete out the space. Make sure all of the formatting for ' and , around the options are the same.