Skip to content

Ring of Evermemory unique equipped

What happens: Unable to equip two evermemory rings and gives "Can't use item error" when you try.
What should happen: Being able to equip two evermemory rings. (Yes its cheesy and end up with 4x the spellslots instead of 3x) Alt. Error message along the lines of "You can't equip two of those"

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    It's not a bug, its a feature - the rings of evermemory are not supposed to stack
  • WolfheartWolfheart Member Posts: 170
    Yet if you read the lore/flavor text, that's exactly what they did for the creator of the rings. "Cannot that item." is a very bad error text compared to what happens when you try to equip two rings of protection. Then the error message is : "This item cannot be equipped due to other magical equipment you are currently wearing."

In short, either its a bug that you get a bad error message compared to the normal one for conflicting equipment, or its a bug that you can't equip two of them.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    The error message needs fixing.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    It should write something similar to what is written in ToB.
    "You may not use two rings of wizardry at the same time."
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    Last I checked there was only one....unless they've added another one...
  • WolfheartWolfheart Member Posts: 170
    So? Not everyone plays from the start with their chars. If stuff bugs or goes haywire I'll export the char and start over. Thus I have two evermemory.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681

Last I checked there was only one....unless they've added another one...

You can obtain two before the end of the game.
    One's the infamous FAI ring and the other one is dropped by an angry mage in Baldur's Gate who attacks you when you enter his house.
  • ankhegankheg Member Posts: 546
    And what will happen in bg2ee with ring of wizardys and ring of acuity? I think they should remove this limitation.
    1. Because of the item description which clearly states that you can use more of them.
    2. It's not too overpowered. Most battles will be finished before you can run out of spells anyway.
  • WooWoo Member Posts: 135
    ankheg said:

And what will happen in bg2ee with ring of wizardys and ring of acuity? I think they should remove this limitation.
    1. Because of the item description which clearly states that you can use more of them.
    2. It's not too overpowered. Most battles will be finished before you can run out of spells anyway.

Only allowing one of these rings is like saying a fighter can only equip 1 magic weapon even if he dual wields, ALSO D&D rules STATE you can have a magic ring on each hand. :) Only noted discrepancy is armor class modifiers that limits you to one per person. These rings do not alter AC in any manner therefore D&D rules state two are allowed, on top of all this my first point, if I can't wear two rings, one on each hand, then you can't use two swords, one in each hand.
  • ankhegankheg Member Posts: 546
    Woo said:

ankheg said:

Only allowing one of these rings is like saying a fighter can only equip 1 magic weapon even if he dual wields, ALSO D&D rules STATE you can have a magic ring on each hand. :) Only noted discrepancy is armor class modifiers that limits you to one per person. These rings do not alter AC in any manner therefore D&D rules state two are allowed, on top of all this my first point, if I can't wear two rings, one on each hand, then you can't use two swords, one in each hand.
    Thanks.
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/13033/do-you-want-the-ring-of-wizardry-to-be-able-to-stacked#latest