Skip to content

Permanent deafness in the Black Pits

casezulucasezulu Member Posts: 11
edited December 2012 in Not An Issue
Two of my characters, a shapeshifter and sorcerer were rendered permanently deaf after I reloaded upon failing the fight with the Thayvians. One of the enemy spellcasters during the fight deafened both of them and the effect stayed after the reload. I would have expected the deafness not appear after reloading a previous save, and I would have expected the effect to be gone after several rounds, resting, and the various priest spells and scrolls I used to remove the effect. Nothing worked. Reloading the most recent permanent save and quick save kept the deafness effect. Reloading the previous permanent save did not show the deafness effect. Finally I found that leaving the then reentering the game and loading either of the saves effected caused the deafness to not appear in the afflicted characters. Useful now that I know I can do that, but would have preferred not have have spent the hour of frustration figuring that out.
Post edited by Avenger_teambg on

Comments

• Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Deafness is always permanent until cure: cure disease, heal, cure poison all heal it.
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    @Avenger_teambg

Have you read this carefully enough? To reiterate in a less wall-of-text format - Deafness persisted when he reloaded to before the fight.
    Pantalion said:

@Avenger_teambg

Have you read this carefully enough? To reiterate in a less wall-of-text format - Deafness persisted when he reloaded to before the fight.

But there is no such thing that deafness or anything would affect a save retroactively.
    There is a problem however with the cure. Neutralize poison is supposed to cure deafness.
    But it removes only the spell failure, not the portrait icon. So, i file a bug for this.