Skip to content

Still cannot start MP game (gray player)

exoriexori Member Posts: 2
i was trying to start multyplayer game with my friend but its not working. when he joins my game and i want to assign him to his character he is gray and i cannot klick on his name to assign a character.
when i try to join his game i cannot get past initial connecting.

we were using hamachi,
opend all ports.
even tryed to shut down firewall completely and its not working.

any idea how to fix this?

Comments

• DarasDaras Member Posts: 1
    Try using TUNNGLE. never had a problem with it.
    Note: Don't care of what channel (game room) you are entering. You can enter in any game room. TUNNGLE just create a virtual LAN for any guy in the same game room. Just mind your virtual IP and the virtual IP of your friends in the same channel and you have your virtual LAN.
    Anyway for me creating the LAN is not the real problem.
    Even with the last patch, the game with 3+ players is still unplayable. Crash problems... not existing movies starts randomly... I have played original BG1 and BG2 and this is crap, very crap. Still w8ing for fixes
  • VoidSorcererVoidSorcerer Member Posts: 33
    Until another patch comes out I've completely given up on playing multiplayer. I purchased this game so that I could play 5+ multiplayer games, that's still almost impossible. (I think the longest session we've had lasted 15minutes before it completely crashed and white-screened the host.)

Personally I'm shocked that so many players were pacified by that measly little update that barely makes 3 player attemptable.

Don't get me wrong, Beamdog has won a lot of respect from me for what they're attempting to do - but I think they need to reevaluate their strategy for staying afloat.
  • LiberelliLiberelli Member Posts: 170
    edited December 2012
    @Daras fyi, the 'non-existing movie' bug is a missing day-night cycle thing. You can copy one of the rest movies twice and rename them daynite/niteday.wbm respectively. Annoying i know, but at least this fixes the freezing bug until a proper fix is made.