Skip to content

Got to HEROIC 20 rep - Whats the point?

I want DORN back and the highest you can get is REP of 18.

Is there any point in having HEROIC REP what advantage does it give you? Can you go over HEROIC or is it the highest?
If there is no point I will go kill some NPCs get DORN back.

Comments

• ZanianZanian Member Posts: 332
    The only point is lower vendor-costs and less whiny good-alignment NPCs.
  • TheWiSeFooLTheWiSeFooL Member Posts: 124
    I am trying to work out a way I can lose a rep point at a time not 10 reps for killing 1 NPC.

In what other ways can I do this? Steal something and get caught by the guards?
  • DerDuKeDerDuKe Member Posts: 88
    edited December 2012
    @TheWiSeFooL:

Exactly, stealing and getting caught by the guards should give -1 to your rep.
  • valkyvalky Member Posts: 386
    edited December 2012

I am trying to work out a way I can lose a rep point at a time not 10 reps for killing 1 NPC.

Isn't it only that high cause of your high base reputation, I remember one of my BG2 run and kept ~10 all the time....my favorable object to reduce rep was Jans home...he got a nice big family :>
    And it was more like 3-4 for every 'person'

Else you can still get your 10-rep-hit and spent some cash in a temple if you have lotso of gold and don't care. At least in BG1 it's cheap .. something like 100-200 each step for up to 15.

Ah, just found it...the old BG1 table including everything what effects reputation and how to raise/lower it:
    http://stane0.tripod.com/BG1Tables.html

bottom of the page...
  • moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
    I think a better question would be why your obviously good party would agree to work with a blackguard...

If you want your rep, want it to make sense, and you want to use Dorn. Throw the helm of opposite alignment on him, problem solved.
  • OurQuestIsVainOurQuestIsVain Member Posts: 201
    After playing with Dorn and talking with him I gotta say he isn't nearly as evil as his alignment would suggest. He listens to your arguments for good and admits you have a point. I'm betting that in BG2EE there will be a quest to switch his alignment.
  • TheWiSeFooLTheWiSeFooL Member Posts: 124
    moopy said:

I think a better question would be why your obviously good party would agree to work with a blackguard...

If you want your rep, want it to make sense, and you want to use Dorn. Throw the helm of opposite alignment on him, problem solved.

Where do you get this helm of alignment opposition from? Does it give you the normal armour bonus that a normal helm would or better?

I think I am going to drop Neera I did her NPC side quest and her wild magic is pointless. I need a THIEF anyway.