Skip to content

[Typos] Item descriptions

hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
edited January 2013 in Fixed
@Jalily

Looked through the item descriptions and noticed the following.

AMUL22
Eunuchs from Kara-Tur would wear this particle periapt when sampling their emperor's food.

particle -> particular

BAG06, BAG06B, BAG06C, BAG06D

Weight: 5 -> Weight: 2

BOLT03
When shot from the crossbow, it seems to leap towards its target leaving behind an electical sulfuric smell.

electical -> electrical

BRAC15

Weight: 2 -> Weight: 1

CHAN07, LEAT05, LEAT07

Requires: 6 Strength

LEAT09

Requires: 3 Strength

LEAT10
Even though it does offer more protection then leather armor, one must get by the offensive odour and shoddy appearance in order to wear it effectively.

then -> than

Requires: 9 Strength

PLAT01, PLAT07, PLAT98, PLAT99
Similar in construction to bronze plate mail, true plate mail comprises chain and leather.

comprises chain -> comprises of chain

PLAT06

Requires: 8 Strength

PLAT08

12 Strength -> 11 Strength

PSTAFM0, PSTAFM0B, PSTAFM0C, PSTAFM0D, PSTAFM0E, PSTAFM1, PSTAFM2

Quartertaff -> Quarterstaff

SCRL3F
I have expressed interest to my "father," and he had promised to include me within the operations along the Sword Coast.

had -> has

SHLD02, SHLD02A, SHLD09, SHLD09A

Requires: 4 Strength

SHLD32

12 Strength -> 9 Strength
Weight: 7 -> Weight: 8

SPER03, SPERMEL

Weight: 5 -> Weight: 3

STAF04

5 Strength -> 0 Strength

SW1H07, SW1H17, SW1H21

4 Strength -> 5 Strength

SW1H10

5 Strength -> 4 Strength

SW1H13, SW1H23

Weight: 4 -> Weight: 3

SW1H53

Supposed to be the Sword of Flame +1 according to my BG2 game.

This blade burns with a magical fire, and a charring blast is released whenever a hit is scored. "Meta Infernum" is etched on the hilt, though it appears somewhat faded and may not be original to the sword.

STATISTICS:

THAC0: +1 bonus
Damage: 1D8 + 1, +1 fire damage
Damage type: slashing
Speed Factor: 4
Proficiency Type: Long Sword
Type: 1-handed
Requires: 6 Strength
Weight: 4

SW1H55

Weight: 5 -> Weight: 4

SW1P01

Weight: 3 -> Weight: 4

SW2H02

14 Strength -> 13 Strength

SW2HD1

Weight: 10 -> Weight: 12

WAND02, WAND03, WAND04, WAND05, WAND06, WAND07, WAND08, WAND09, WAND10, WAND12, WAND13, WAND18

Requires: 9 Intelligence

XBOW05
The crossbow fires a quarrel (also called a
->
The crossbow fires a quarrel (also called a bolt). This light crossbow has been enchanted.
Post edited by Jalily on
JalilyTanthalas

Comments

• sorcel00sorcel00 Member Posts: 4
    Pardon my grammarian nerdiness here, but your note on "comprises" in PLAT01, PLAT07, PLAT98, and PLAT99 is wrong. Technically, the word is used correctly in these item descriptions. "To comprise" is functionally synonymous with "to include." The phrase you're probably intending as a replacement for "comprises" would be "is composed of" or simply "is made of" -- and I'd agree that those are better wordings than "comprises" in the context of this sentence. The sentence is patently meant to explain what plate armor is constructed from, not merely what it includes.

But that's pretty picky copyediting for a tiny piece of a huge, text-heavy game, all things considered. :)
    Tanthalashook71
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    I've corrected these with the following exceptions:
    - Spears, STAF04, Sword of Flame +1, and the two-handed sword +1 all require new strings, so I'll fix them once they're added.
    - As @sorcel00 said, "comprises" is correct.

Fantastic work!
    Tanthalashook71
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Jalily said:

- Spears, STAF04, Sword of Flame +1, and the two-handed sword +1

Update: Turns out that the items affected by the first three are unused, while the latter is getting adjusted to match the description (and the other two-handed swords). So everything that can be seen in the game has been handled.