Skip to content

Rescuing Dynaheir before meeting Edwin - bug?

XomazXomaz Member Posts: 4
edited January 2013 in Not An Issue
I rescued Dynaheir and sent both Minsc and Dynaheir away as I had no intentions of keeping them anyway.

Later on I found Edwin and took him in. As I have already rescued Dynaheir, where do I find her now? Upon travelling back to the Gnoll Stronghold Edwin gets tired of me saying it's taken to long to do his quest.

I really wanna keep Edwin, but have no idea how to. Ugh.

Any ideas what I can do?

Thanks in advance
/Xomaz
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    edited December 2012
    Well, you flunked this. There might be an option to tell Edwyn that you already rescued Dynaheir and she is gone with Minsc.
    In that case, i guess he should be angry and either
    1. attack you
    2. leave
    3. somehow you could still convince him to stay with you.

But this is not in the scope of the original game content. Maybe some mod :)
  • XomazXomaz Member Posts: 4
    There is no such option, and as I cant find here anywhere I guess Im fked :/
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    She and Minsc should be wherever you left them unless they were angry with you at the time you kicked them out ( due to low reputation)
  • JTMJTM Member Posts: 70
    This is a game/story flaw with his quest. Once you search the gnoll stronghold and Dynheir is not found, it should trigger his quest to resolve in some fashion. Similar to Kagain when you reach the crossroads...though I think that quest is broken still and only use it for the example of an unfinished quest resolution so you can keep playing with that party npc.
  • XomazXomaz Member Posts: 4
    I left them at the Gnoll Stronghold, they are not there anymore thou. Im in Nashkel at the moment, and Edwin leaves me upon arriving at the Stronghold.. So I guess Im fucked.

Ive tried everything, lol.

I killed Edwin and had him resurrected, figuring bringing him back from the dead would be appreciated enough to buy me some extra time. However, upon being resurrected he told me Im a moron and left immidiately, lol.

I knocked him unconsious - he woke up and left me.

Tried casting Sleep and Charm - didnt work.

Guess ill just have to keep on without him. Sucks thou, he was my favourite.