Skip to content

Boss Help

Ok, so in a certain part of a certain place, you have to go up against a greater werewolf....and....WTF! Health Regen is off the charts, and I can't even put a dent in him. I have a silver dagger, but only 1 char even can hit him, and 1 mage can pew pew him..

Did I miss something?

Comments

• CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    He's really tough and may have a bug with saving and reloading a lot in the area boosting his regen even higher.

You can look around there are a lot of topics on the subject.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • HunterOfBountyHunterOfBounty Member Posts: 38
    Traps can take care of him. Stack seven in the floor below him, and lure him down.
  • moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
    Sneak up, or just run to the desk in the room he starts in, there is the sword of balduran.

It is a bastard sword which should also hurt him, so now you'll have two weapons and mages can nuke him.

Skull trap for mages works great on him.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    There are several threads on this guy in the General forums, with many discussions of how to defeat him, if the ones in this thread aren't sufficient.

In addition to what's been said already, I might recommend backstabbing with the silver dagger. Pop a potion of strength beforehand for some ludicrous damage. Besides that, high-damage single-target spells go a long way, like the wand of the heavens.
  • EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    ...also, any spell that delivers several rounds of consecutive damage can help whittle away at the regeneration.
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    Luring him into a nice spot and blasting him with lightning can help. Doesn't even need to be a great spot if the mage is immune to Lightning/Electricity.
  • DarkcloudDarkcloud Member Posts: 302
    use a wand of paralysation so he can't hit back. This is actually the solution for pretty much any hard battle in the game.
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Finally got him.... took me about a week and a lot of frustration. It wasn't that he was killing me, it was just killing him.

My tips for anyone reading this (some of which are in this thread):

Use the silver dagger
    Use the +4 bastard sword (sneak past him and steal it on the 4th level of the boat)
    If you have a priest (I had jahiera), use wand of magic missle
    Re-spec your mage(s) to all offensive abilities for all levels you have available.
    Use pause/spacebar A LOT for micro of your casters

I didn't use the dagger/backstab combo because my theif is a pis poor hide in shadows theif.

Thanks for your help guys, now back to the expansion gameplay for me!
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    CoryNewb said:

I didn't use the dagger/backstab combo because my theif is a pis poor hide in shadows theif.

Glad you finally got him down. For future reference, though, you can work around this issue to pull off a backstab. Simply cast invisibility on your thief, and give them a potion of some type of giant's strength to ensure that they hit.
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Madhax said:

CoryNewb said:

Glad you finally got him down. For future reference, though, you can work around this issue to pull off a backstab. Simply cast invisibility on your thief, and give them a potion of some type of giant's strength to ensure that they hit.
    Will keep that in mind for my next playthrough, but I think i used most of my invis potions getting the +4 bastard sword this time.